Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taking a poll on Richardson and everyone's views...

coltsblue1844

Anthony Richardson  

15 members have voted

1. 1. This forum is so divided on Anthony Richardson, I wanted to take a poll. Do you think Richardson will still be our starting QB in 3 years, yes or no. Do you think he will be a high caliber QB in 3 years, yes or no? Feel free to comment on why you chose your answers!

• Yes he will still be our starter in 3 years
    • No he will not be our starter in 3 years
    • Yes he will be a high caliber QB in 3 years
    • No he will not be a high caliber QB in 3 years

This forum is so divided on Anthony Richardson, I wanted to take a poll.  Do you think Richardson will still be our starting QB in 3 years, yes or no.  Do you think he will be a high caliber QB in 3 years, yes or no?  Feel free to comment on why you chose your answers!

6 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

too soon for literally anything but guesses

5 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

That is true... it's why the question was for your opinon/guess/thoughts!  Thanks!

:thinking:

:P 

It kinda needs an "I don't know" answer here. AR needs a lot of reps and experience, but nothing is certain. I think he's shown flashes of things very few QBs can do and I think his main flaws right now is his mechanics, trusting what he sees and wanting to do too much. His flaws SHOULD be correctable, but again, nothing is certain. The only thing I do know is he'll only have a chance at getting better if he gets reps.

• Like 1

I voted that he would be our QB 3 years from now.

Only because to vote no means that if he isn't our QB after his rookie contract, then it would mean that Ballard failed in choosing him, we'll have suffered through 3 more losing seasons without his developing into anything (by injury or by failure), and he would therefore probably be replaced as GM.  And if that happens, then it's a full-scale rebuild from the top on down.  New GM, new head coach, new QB, new everything.

And I'm just not prepared to predict that at this time.

So -- sure, I'll vote yes.

• Like 1

I said yes he would be our starter in 3 years, even though it's way too early. Situations change fast like in 2012 with Luck/Manning. I don't think that was on anyone's radar in 2009. 

Picking a QB who had only played 13 games in college and putting him straight into an NFL starting job was always going to be a HUGE gamble. Its impossible to say at this moment as he needs reps and experience to learn and develop.

But if you were to ask me to say what I think based upon what I have seen so far. Its a hard no that he will be the franchise QB. He cant stay healthy. He doesnt seem to know how to protect himself. His short to mid range accuracy and his mechanics are terrible. I mean he is throwing balls into the stands meant for WRs on the sideline lol. Can these things be taught and can things turn around. Maybe. We will see I guess.