Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rushing Defense Woes

DattMavis

Whatever Partridge, Smith, and Bradley are changing up scheme, reads, technique, or keys wise with this defense they have the front seven playing far too slow. I cannot remember so many colts player glued to blocks. The drop-off is pretty striking.

Partridge is the only significant change

i pray he is not the defensive version of Chris Strausser.

On 9/15/2024 at 2:33 PM, DattMavis said:

A rather embarrassing stat:

November 19, 1950:

The Giants rushed for a record 423 yards against the Baltimore Colts. 

September 15, 2024:

The Packers are on pace to break that record against the Indianapolis Colts, rushing for 237 yards in the 1st half.

Our run defense is currently ranked last in the league, and it's not particularly close.

Do we have serious cause to be concerned about this run defense? 

I may be the minority here but I believe when we moved on from Matt Eberflus to Gus that our ability to stop the run was impacted severely. Last year ability to stop the run was better than we are doing thus far this year,  it is just GOD AWFUL right now. I’m not exactly sure who is to blame for it because honestly we have guys up front that SHOULD be able to help limit these big gains. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Preach!      External clean-ups mean little if not accompanied by internal change.
    • OFFENSE: Get Mallory or literally anyone else at TE back out there, and sit Granson on the bench.    Get some bootlegs in there and get some plays where AR throws on the run. Dude is awesome at that.    Run JT one way and AR the other on some designed runs. Keep the D guessing. Either way....RTDB!    Get some more snaps under center. Tired of Colts being highest team in league out of shotgun. Give JT some steps before he gets the ball.    More play action!!!    Get the WR's some of those orange gloves that Reggie wore. Sleep with the ball in their hands like TY used to. Something's gotta change.      DEFENSE:  Get rid of the 5-10 yards off man coverage soft as a down comforter zone. This might've worked 2 decades ago, but Cotls D makes below avg QB's look All Pro consistently.  It's the same thing every week since Gus has been here. Rush 4, don't set the edge, don't blitz and give up 18 yards when it's 3rd and 15.    Sit Franklin until he learns how to not get washed out every play.   
    • Me to Ballard when he signed this dude for mega $$   
    • There is a reason he lost his job with the Patriots, he just wasn’t that good.
  • Members

• Stephen

Stephen 4,170

• NYFAN

NYFAN 2

Rookie
    • RollerColt

RollerColt 13,603

• csmopar

csmopar 16,611

• lincolndefan

lincolndefan 93