2024 NFL Season -- Week #2 All Around the NFL game discussion

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Vikings beat the Niners 23 - 21

Saints beat the Cowboys

The Jets beat the Titans

Browns beat the Jags (I think)

Raiders beat the Ravens.

I am calling this the funky upset Sunday. Minshew just beat the Ravens lmao . Nice win for you. Sam did enough, I will say, can't say anything bad about him. You got me :)

Browns did beat the Jags.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cincy always plays KC great haha . Lions lost, crazy day. Congrats on beating the 49ers, you have to be happy with that. 

Sam played well enough. In the 4th Quarter, we had no Jefferson, no Addison and of course no Hock. He led drives to get a TD and what was a FG that put us up by two scores (up by 9). He also threw a 90+ yd TD to Jefferson in the first Quarter.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Sam played well enough. In the 4th Quarter, we had no Jefferson, no Addison and of course no Hock. He led drives to get a TD and what was a FG that put us up by two scores (up by 9). He also threw a 90+ yd TD to Jefferson in the first Quarter.

He never has shown signs of being good but today impressed me, great win :thmup:

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He never has shown signs of being good but today impressed me, great win :thmup:

He never played with good teams. He cannot carry a team but he can be part of a good team.

Are you not spending time with your Colts fans. If Lenny shows up, be sure to report him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I am a big fan of Burrow. He has fire and wants to win. He is the opposite of Kirk.

Captain Kirk Drinking GIF by Star Trek- Kirk is good but just never could win the Big game. A lot like Dak.

Just now, NFLfan said:

He never played with good teams. He cannot carry a team but he can be part of a good team.

Are you not spending time with your Colts fans. If Lenny shows up, be sure to report him.

Lenny is coming haha 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have actually bashed the Colts today with my brethren, unusual for Mr Optimistic but today wasn't pretty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure. When Burrow plays this team, it is 50/50.

It’s Lou Anurumo, he has a good feel for Mahomes. He takes out Kelce and Mahomes’ running and forces others to beat them. Others try but don’t execute as well.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My SB pick to win it all is 0-2, Way to go Ravens Happy Homer Simpson GIF

It is a young season. I think they overlooked the Raiders.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mahomes just got picked off, this is unfreakin believable. 

How is your most hated team doing? Pittsburgh

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• #1: JT could possibly go off and score a game winning TD, something that is not wanted.   #2: Maybe make a rift with JT OR start out something like 0-5 and season is lost anyway and explore trade possibilities to more preferable teams and get out from his contract. I have no idea what are ramifications of his contract if traded. Just throwing it out there and possibility #1 is more realistic BUT wouldn't a team like KC, Pittsburgh, etc... use  him better than the colts?   
    • Its a idea but not fair to AR. Having the misfortune to be drafted by a sub par franchise AND THEN traded to a even worse one. 
    • Yeah, but otherwise the colts are in looking good. 
    • @John Hammonds   John more of a follow-up to your recent reply post.  Notre Dames' players draft stock to me are on a big decline this year from last year and so is Michigan.   Your Round 1 pick of CB Benjamin Morrison is probably around my 25th best DB so far with a 64.8 overall season grade.  Gone from a Day 1 pick to Day 3.   Round 2 WLB Danny Stutsman is among the top 10 this season.  Yahoo Sports released a recent article giving him a 73.2 PFF grade on 156 snaps after 3 weeks and R9 on the Sooner team.   PFF lists Stutsman with a 78.4 overall season grade.   Round 3 pick of FS Rod Moore has more questions needing to be answered as he hasn't played yet this year due to a torn ACL in practice.  With all the Colts injuries am shying away from players with priors now that Brents is done, again. Another flag to me where he missed some time in 2023 for an undisclosed reason.   RG Will Fries off to a hot start and needs to have his contract extended before end of 2025 season if he continues strong play. RT Braden Smith is the weakest link. Got a contract work to our advantage to move him (trade/cut). RT Matt Goncalves – still need to see more to be sold on him as our future starter.  Draft options do like Grey Zabel played multiple positions in college and now starting LT seemed to do well against Colorado.  Jonah Savaiinaea, Armand Membou, Ajani Cornelius is very risky-penalty prone. WR Michael Pittman Jr appears to have that “I got paid” but still not happy mentality after two weeks.  End of 2025 potential trade or going to step up his game? DT Grover Stewart isn’t getting any younger and hard to find a gem like him.  Walter Nolen is a Day 1 pick.  Even see about moving Vernon Broughton to NT with his run-stopping abilities.  Omarr Norman-Lott and Gavin Meyer who has flashed in run-support at times make the list.  Joey Slackman whom I was excited to see excel as a transfer student has continued to show his dominance.  Deone Walker who stock imo has dropped below other mentioned and Tonka Hemingway rounds out the list of options for replacement. MLB Zaire Franklin – still not sure why we extended him as he is serviceable not elite like Okereke.  Now seems got to wait until 2026-2027 to move to free up cap space. DT DeForest Buckner – man the Colts can’t catch a break this year with team injuries.  Only expect future of NFL to become more like this pattern of events with less pre-season games and an extended schedule. Edge Samson Ebukam – another tough loss to start the season.  Could be another cap release for 2025.  Some top talented edge rushers could replace him with Umanmielen and Baron. Edge Tyquan Lewis – We got a great tandem on one side of the field but aging players like Lewis and Ebukam need replaced with Umanmielen, Baron, Bogle, Tuimoloau or Juncaj. QB Anthony Richardson is still a WIP.  Wish was more a true pocket passer not a omg run first pass later.  Honestly tried to buy into the hype but like most recent draft QBs see us not extending his contract and look to the 2027 draft to replace him (Raiola). NCB Kenny Moore -can’t ask for much more from a player like him and defensive leader on this team but do have to find a future replacement to groom now.  Is that person on the roster now, FA, or draft one?  Got Jordan Hancock at the top of my list than a big drop off to Andrew Mukuba unless you consider Sebastian Castro for the role between those two. K Matt Gay – another misfortunate events of paying a player who is now injured.  K Dominic Zvada (Arkansas St) is a junior and maybe the best college kicker with 50+ accuracy.  Could Zvada declare early with upside for a team? TE Mo Alie-Cox – love him or hate him he still has been a solid key piece of our offense.  Loveland, Warren, or Ferguson would be similar draft replacements. TE Kylen Granson – coin flip as both MAC and Granson are very similar just a younger version here.  Oronde Gadsden II would be a clone of Granson. SS Julian Blackmon – when healthy has been solid in our current defensive scheme.  Tested FA last year and glad to see him rejoin.  Given his injury history flat out inform he like to resign him but must compete for starting role and may end up as a career backup with strong abilities and chance to start.  In the draft, Emmanwori is my top replacement followed by Sabb, Ransom and Trader Jr. DT Raekwon Davis – should feel very fortunate that the Colt’s medical staff diagnosed his high blood pressure concerns.  Moving from more of a 2-gap system with the Dolphins to our penetration style football hopefully will work out in the end for Davis. Edge Kwity Paye – hoping Paye returns after 2025 and creates solid rotational tandem with Latu.  Obviously, his contract amount will double+. LCB Julius Brents – Injury risk player coming out of college.  Much like Blackmon can’t stay healthy enough to evaluate and be reliable starter.  Can see the Colts draft another option hoping for a solid 1-2 backup plan.  Travis Hunter is a Day 1 option with ability to play WR-Z role. Looking at Johnson, Hill, and McCoy early and Grimes as a deeper 3-4 option. TE Jelani Woods – another victim of the injury bug but has potential.  Wish can stay healthy because liked what we saw in limited camp. WR Alec Pierce – I been pro-Pierce for a while many have been down on him.  Pierce has potential and has shown what he is truly capable of after first two weeks when given a chance.  Should continue to have a home with the Colts after 2025.  We just drafted Gould who should have a role on offense.   Draft could consider Tai Felton, Pat Bryant, or Jerjuan Newton. SAF Nick Cross – hoping the transition to FS pays off for the Colts.  After first two games seems to be working out. FS Rodney Thomas - Jahdae Barron top starter pick depending on how Cross does or if we decide to move him back to SS.  Robert Spears-Jennings if he declares is making a name for himself after 3 weeks. Tamarion McDonald or Sebastian Castro as potential upgrades.  Xavier Watts still not sold on him seemed to miss too many tackles in 2023.  Hunter Wohler was initially very high on in the off-season, and he disappointed against Alabama and dropping farther down on my list. OT Blake Freeland – hoping he can vastly improve his game in year two much like Will Fries has done.  LT draft options, Grey Zabel, Michael Tarquin, Jalen Rivers, Josh Simmons, J.C. Davis.  Jack Nelson is an option at LT but 13 penalties in 2023 is a big issue or Marcus Bryant could be options. OC Ryan Kelly – back to being one of the top 5 centers in the NFL.  Concussion history is a concern and age are another. Draft could see us draft Jake Slaughter or Jacob Gardner.  Connor Tollison, if he declares early, would push Slaughter as top center in the draft. OC/LG Tanor Bortolini – still early what his future role is.  Didn’t like his penalty history in college. LDT Adetomiwa Adebawore – very athletic for his weight.  Still think he should drop 20-30 pounds and move to Edge compete with Avery as 3rd spot.  Draft, do like T.J. Sanders, Rayshaun Benny, and Jordan Burch.  Convert Vernon Broughton to more 4-3 left side role than his 3-4 RDT. RCB Jaylon Jones – is off to a bad start much like the rest of the team after two weeks.  Seems to be another issue of concern with our defense.  Shavon Revel would be a Day 1 pick after that a major drop off to Day 3 options of Jason Marshall Jr., Jabbar Muhammad, Azareye’h Thomas, Benjamin Morrison. WLB EJ Speed – Collin Oliver is a Day 1-2 prospect.  Smael Mondon Jr. was on my watchlist with strong potential and already against Clemson and Kentucky is proving to be a top replacement on Day 2 as is Barryn Sorrell (still haven’t found his grades against Michigan and wasn’t listed as one of the top players.  Jamon Dumas-Johnson had solid outings against Southern Miss and South Carolina but let me down against Georgia.  Jack Kiser had high hopes for as well to start this season and Week 1 was off to a strong start holding ranked Texas A&M to just 3.8 yards per carry then dropped off against Northern Illinois and Purdue.  D’Eryk Jackson had a good day against South Carolina and struggled against a good Georgia team with his tackling and run defense.  While both Barrett Carter and Harold Perkins Jr. are lucky to be draft on Day 3 after 3 weeks. MLB Zaire Franklin – decent but not good-to-great as Okereke was.  Jay Higgins would be a Day 1-2 option but am concerned with his timed 40-yard might be too slow against NFL players. MLB Cameron McGrone – another player on IR.  Bryce Boettcher is a newcomer for me making a case as one of the top MLB in the draft currently behind Jay Higgins after 3 weeks.  Francisco “Kiko” Mauigoa and MLB Carson Bruener who since 2022 has excelled in coverage with an 84.3 grade, second among Power Five LBs (Jay Higgins #1) are strong candidates.   Pretty much an accumulation effort of my draft notes and players grades after 3 weeks in college and outlook for the Colts roster.  Without paying content to get a full player workup and google not returning what I am looking for can make a person go mad trying to constantly update these players.  Too many players where I have them but can't find any data for them to capture where they fall in the upcoming draft class.  With 100+ pages too time consuming to continue researching daily between my normal job duties.     Why we leave it up to the professionals to draft for us.  Oh, wait how has that worked out for us this year?  Anyways, continue to be arm-chair GMs.   Enjoy All  
    • The Future is Bright !!!
  • Members

• TheRadiantAerynSun

TheRadiantAerynSun 7

Rookie
    • Reboot

Reboot 46

• Kirie89

Kirie89 6