Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not the reason we lost, just a question

jvan1973

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

His heel was coming down as the same motion as getting his foot down.  That’s why.  When receivers tap their toes they keep their heels up until their foot moves again making it another step.

I guess. And I guess that make sense. Still don’t like it or agree lol

On 9/9/2024 at 3:09 PM, Old Man and the COLTS said:

This is a math class now lol

almost interception on the sideline Stroud tossed it up we came down with it Our CB(can’t remember which one) had his back to sideline so his right foot was in and the front of his left foot was in, however the heal came down out of bounds Since he was in this position and even though the the left front of his foot came down in bounds it was not enough No INT

note Went to some officials site and it seems that John Madden is credited with  the saying 1 knee= 2 feet Heck there is even memorabilia 

That was the title of one of Madden's books. I probably still have it stashed on a top shelf in a closet somewhere around here.

If I can find it I will post what he said about that rule.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Its not a stretch, I believe. No doubt that Mahommes is a great qb, however, I feel that they always attribute the success of an NFL team to the QB. Do you think they win a Superbowl without that D? No way. The 1st 2 games of the season and Mahomme's has been okay. I am not discounting Mahommes value but I think that defense is a top 5 unit.  I feel that the Chiefs are now a complete team. Yes, they loss some pieces, but they kept the ones that are integral to the overall success of them as a unit. They have a great D line, all pro corner, solid LB play and great safeties
    • Irsay says the QB pick has to go through him. 
    • That's a stretch... Take away pieces of their defense (they did) and they still have a good defense. Now do that same exercise with Mahomes... 
    • You said CAREER because that's what you meant.  If you meant per season, then my response would have been different.    Some might think my response was probably wrong because it is not supported by pointless facts....they don't even know the difference between being right and wrong, but think right comes from a "fact size competition".     Here is the crux of anything to do with JT...ever.   How many RBs can bust off 60 yard TDs:   about 1. How many RBs can churn out 4 YPC on a drive:   About 42, And another 80 in college.   So having Sermon in the game when you are not relying winning the game by a 60 yard run...like a HC would have to be a complete dope to rely on that to win the game..... means basically nothing.     I wish people would stop using such a pointless stat like YPC to Monday-morning QB the play calling when down two scores in the 4th Q and two TDs late in the 4Q.  That is the issue.  The stats you describe to second guess play calling are completely worthless.  
  • Members