Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Atonio Mafi Signed to the PS

Smonroe

He started five games at G for the Patriots last year.  

Three of our backup Olinemen are rookies, it’s nice to have someone with experience even if he’s on the PS.

I don’t know anything about him.  Apparently the Pats didn’t value him enough to keep him.

Anyone have any info on him?

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Three of our backup Olinemen are rookies, it’s nice to have someone with experience even if he’s on the PS.

I don’t know anything about him.  Apparently the Pats didn’t value him enough to keep him.

Do you know, if the Pats valued him enough that they WANTED him on their PS, and consider his loss a sting. And disappointed he chose us over them?

I found this on a Patriots SB Nation site when they were evaluating players who needed to improve in order to make the team:

“During his time on the field as a rookie, Mafi struggled to hold up in pass protection due to his lack of foot speed and awareness to pick up line games. If those parts of his game don’t take significant steps forward, it’s tough to him envision beating out free agent addition Nick Leverett and recent draft picks Jake Andrews and Layden Robinson. While Mafi did take snaps at center and both guard spots this spring to increase his value, he’ll need a big camp to earn a roster spot.”

Who knows, maybe our Oline coach can help him, but I wouldn’t count on it.  

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

What I heard was that Irsay was told you don’t mess with the Mafia or you'll end up in a barrel at the bottom of a lake….but since his hearing is bad he actually heard Mafi so he stashed him on the PS just to be safe. haha 

9 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

What I heard was that Irsay was told you don’t mess with the Mafia or you'll end up in a barrel at the bottom of a lake….but since his hearing is bad he actually heard Mafi so he stashed him on the PS just to be safe. haha 

They made him an offer (to join the PS) that he couldn’t refuse.  

• Like 2