Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard presser starting in a couple minutes

Superman

Woods -- it sucks, he was doing well, he just has to overcome, it makes the evaluation more difficult. He says the same thing about Daniel Scott. It doesn't sound like they are down on either player, but obviously they aren't locked in moving forward.

Ballard: Is he on the hot seat? He feels like he's on the hot seat every year, but not anymore than usual...

Why should people believe he's the right guy: He has a strong belief in himself and the people around him. Disappointed in not making the playoffs the last three years, but his belief in what they're doing hasn't/won't waver. 'You either believe in something or you don't.... If it gets me fired, so be it.'

Jason Bean: Great story, really like him and what they think he can become. He had a good view of it watching his son at Kansas, he lit it up at Oklahoma St, incredible at Cincinnati, good fit in the offense, has work to do, excited to see him grow.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

they can only designate 2 to return. We are loaded at TE. Both may or may not be ready. I think you want the DE back if they can.

Ebukam is not coming back, and they basically know it. That they chose to take the flier on him rather than Woods is kind of telling.

• Thanks 1

RB: They like Sermon, and Goodson, Hull is in the mix, well-rounded group, JT is a superstar.

Waiving drafted players: They made a lot of picks the last two years, can't keep them all, hoped to get them back, some need more development.

Backup OT: Freeland had some rough moments (last year), never got down, kept fighting, Freeland has had a lot of reps at RT through offseason, then he gets switched to LT and some technique issues showed up, he needs more reps and get settled at LT; keep competing with Goncalves who was pretty good at both spots. They got calls from other teams about Freeland.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Hah... James Boyd I think was the one that dropped the "Why should fans believe you you are the right man for the job?" ... 

it’s a little late for the question now, lol. The season is about the get real. Ask it when a season is over next time, thx in advance Mr Boyd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

that was a awful response by Ballard too. Shows how stubborn he is.

I'm not sure exactly what a good response to that question would be, but I'm glad that it got asked. Better late than never. 

• Like 5

Just now, stitches said:

It's interesting that he's so confident in the fronts. He said both are the strongest they've ever been under him. Lets actually see if it results in dominant play rather than in mediocrity... 

I actually agree with him on this one. Drafting your depth on the Oline is what I have been wanting. 

Richardson: Looking forward to seeing him develop as a grown man, settle into his role and life, etc. Talked about the comeback against the Rams and how exciting it was. There will be ups and downs, that's normal. He doesn't get rattled.

• Like 1

Just now, Superman said:

Richardson: Looking forward to seeing him develop as a grown man, settle into his role and life, etc. Talked about the comeback against the Rams and how exciting it was. There will be ups and downs, that's normal. He doesn't get rattled.

It's interesting that Steichen gave the same answer about Richardson - he talked about the Rams game. 

• Like 1

Latu: He's gonna be good, gonna play. He has great instincts, never takes his eyes off the QB, gonna be good.

Alec Pierce: Best camp, as good as anybody, consistent, inside and outside; AD Mitchell is talented and still learning, he's going to be good. Praises Reggie.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

that was a awful response by Ballard too. Shows how stubborn he is.

You've never been asked if you thought you were in danger of being fired for poor performance have you? Lol. It was a solid response, especially in front of media..... Imo anyway.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, stitches said:

It's interesting that Steichen gave the same answer about Richardson - he talked about the Rams game. 

Yeah. It's a small sample size so far. If you want an example of why they believe in him, that's really the biggest one. I've made similar comments myself. Really, if you strip out the highlights from that game and just watch him play the position, everything is there. Proof of concept, not only of his ability to play real QB from the pocket, but also of how he can be an outstanding playmaker and elevate the performance of everyone around him. It was bonafide franchise QB material. Whether he can perform like that consistently is still unknown, but if anyone was wondering 'can this actually work in the NFL,' that's the proof you need to see.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

No it wasn't.

I'm not sure it was a good answer. But then again... I'm not sure what a good answer would be. He didn't exactly give an answer... he was more like... "well, I believe in myself and what we are doing"... well DUH! If you didn't you wouldn't be doing it. Why should WE believe in what you are doing? I would have liked for him to give an answer about why he thinks his Colts team and the way he's building is the right way to build a team in 2024-2025 NFL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm not sure it was a good answer. But then again... I'm not sure what a good answer would be. He didn't exactly give an answer... he was more like... "well, I believe in myself and what we are doing"... well DUH! If you didn't you wouldn't be doing it. Why should WE believe in what you are doing? I would have liked for him to give an answer about why he thinks his Colts team and the way he's building is the right way to build a team in 2024-2025 NFL

I don't want to turn this into a Ballard referendum. But that wasn't the question he was asked. It would have been a good one, but don't hold your breath.

I think he answered the question directly. I'm not necessarily saying that he gave a five star answer. I happen to agree with what he said, but everyone can judge how they felt about it. I don't think it was an awful answer, though. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Basically Ballard said it was my way or the highway and if it gets me fired I don’t care.

No he didn't. This is a wild misinterpretation.

I'll type it out once the video gets posted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Just now, Superman said:

I don't want to turn this into a Ballard referendum. But that wasn't the question he was asked. It would have been a good one, but don't hold your breath.

I think he answered the question directly. I'm not necessarily saying that he gave a five star answer. I happen to agree with what he said, but everyone can judge how they felt about it. I don't think it was an awful answer, though. 

I'm sorry but "I believe in what I believe in and if it gets me fired, so be it" is not a good answer to the question "Why should WE believe you?". I just disagree... 

• Like 3

Just now, stitches said:

I'm sorry but "I believe in what I believe in and if it gets me fired, so be it" is not a good answer to the question "Why should WE believe you?". I just disagree... 

Did you hear the entire answer?

• Like 1

My interpretation for the construction of this roster is this:

Chris and Shane are working in tandem. Chris is keeping the guys that Shane likes working with. Shane and the coaching staff have as much say on who is on the 53 man roster. The way Shane views it, the team was 15 yards away from winning the division while their starting rookie QB was out. 

They’re rolling back with the same nucleus with the plan that the young backfield will continue to improve and learn, and the offense will benefit from Anthony being healthy. 

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong. But that’s essentially what the mindset is with the team itself. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Did you hear the entire answer?

I did... he said in the 4 win season he had a really good team... he said the 2020 was a good year... Well, great... so... 2018 was great in Luck's return... and 2020 was great... and the 4 win year was awesome. And the last 3 we haven't been to the playoffs but he believes in what he believes... did I miss something? 

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

it’s like hitting your head against a wall and doing the same thing expecting a different result.

Look... I don't mind him believing in what he believes. I prefer that over him not knowing what he's doing and just being thrown around by the waves of the league. But I want him to explain why should WE believe that his philosophy is the one that will bring us success. 

• Like 2

Just now, stitches said:

Look... I don't mind him believing in what he believes. I prefer that over him not knowing what he's doing and just being thrown around by the waves of the league. But I want him to explain why should WE believe that his philosophy is the one that will bring us success. 

Yep. Especially when it hasn’t worked. Then he said if there is someone out there wd think can help we will do it. Umm no you don’t. He didn’t get sneed. It was a deep safety FA  market and he did nothing.

• Like 1