Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookie Khyree Jackson killed in crash

chad72

1 hour ago, ADnum1 said:

Thanks. So sad. So young. He was one of the rookies I was excited to see.

RIP to all three who lost their lives.

Reports are that the vehicle that hit the car carrying Jackson and his friends was being driven by someone who may have been drunk. She was also speeding and changing lanes. No one in her car was injured.

• Like 2

This was such a shocking loss.  And I’m sure hard for many of us who follow scouting and drafting.   

Jackson was both tall and long.  So he quickly became a favorite because this year there were so few of those types of corners.  Plenty hoped the Colts might consider him in R’s 3-4.   Of course it didn’t work out that way and Minnesota grabbed him in the 4th.   

So young.   A life cut short.   So sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is another reason why we should enjoy our time here and not bicker with friends and family. A life can be gone in a split-second no matter how big and strong anyone is. This is truly sad, and the kid had everything. RIP.

Word of advice, if you are going to drink alcohol, that is fine but DONT DRIVE!

This was terrible. You never expect an active NFL player to pass away, much less someone who just got drafted a month ago. RIP Khyree Jackson and his teammates.

Also my condolences to @NFLfan. Must be tough to go through this as a fan of the Vikings. This is a nightmarish situation. My best friend is a Marlins fan in baseball, and he had to go through this with Jose Fernandez. 

I thought Jackson was going to be a hit at the NFL level. Unfortunately, we will never know. Prayers to his friends and family that they can get through this tragedy.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

This was terrible. You never expect an active NFL player to pass away, much less someone who just got drafted a month ago. RIP Khyree Jackson and his teammates.

Also my condolences to @NFLfan. Must be tough to go through this as a fan of the Vikings. This is a nightmarish situation. My best friend is a Marlins fan in baseball, and he had to go through this with Jose Fernandez. 

I thought Jackson was going to be a hit at the NFL level. Unfortunately, we will never know. Prayers to his friends and family that they can get through this tragedy.

Kid had everything, big, strong, fast, had the enjoyment of being drafted by the Vikings family, was going to make big money too. I had him going 3rd round coming out, I was close. This is really sad, only 24!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kid had everything, big, strong, fast, had the enjoyment of being drafted by the Vikings family, was going to make big money too. I had him going 3rd round coming out, I was close. This is really sad, only 24!

I had him 3rd round too. He was possibly winning a starting job on the Vikings outside of Byron Murphy if I remember right. Had a bright future. Hate when this happens. As you said, only 24. Way too young to die. I just turned 37 July 1st, so that's scary to think about.

• Like 1

This really bothers me because many people don't know this, but the Vikings are my 2nd favorite team because my father was a diehard Vikings fan. I have never really posted that I don't think, maybe I did to @NFLfanat one time? I liked Denver too when Peyton went there but who didn't lol. I grew up having to hear my dad talk about Fran the greatest QB ever and in 1998 when they had Cunningham, Moss, Carter, Smith, and Randle - it was nonstop. So this hits home with me pretty deep. That is another reason why, I always barked backed at people talking bad about Kirk, because he was actually good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is another reason why we should enjoy our time here and not bicker with friends and family. A life can be gone in a split-second no matter how big and strong anyone is. This is truly sad, and the kid had everything. RIP.

Word of advice, if you are going to drink alcohol, that is fine but DONT DRIVE!

Exactly. The kid had a bright future to look forward to.  And this happens. It is very sad for everyone.

Enjoy life! Don't drive after drinking, folks. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Exactly. The kid had a bright future to look forward to and this happens. It is very sad. Enjoy life! Don't drive after drinking, folks. 

I don't go out much anymore but when I was younger, I always had a designated driver. I just drink around the house now and it relaxes me, takes my mind off stuff. People that get tanked and get behind the wheel are ridiculous.

• Like 1