Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did You Make It To Your League's FANTASY SUPER BOWL?

sb41champs

Yes - and - lost.

In the interest of transparency - I was dealing with grief after a death in the family on Saturday morning.  I failed to rearrange my roster in time.

Finished the season in 2nd place with a 13 - 3 record.

I am already scouting for my 2024 fantasy draft!!

17 hours ago, sb41champs said:

Yes - and - lost.

In the interest of transparency - I was dealing with grief after a death in the family on Saturday morning.  I failed to rearrange my roster in time.

My sincerest condolences!

I was the bubble boy in my pay league on ESPN this year. Had the hardest schedule and had to face the champion 3 times in 15 weeks. I got hit by QB injuries as well to Richardson, and Geno and Howell had issues of their own. Was a 2 QB league which made things worse. So finished in 5th place.

I did extremely well on Fanduel and Draftkings this year. Profited $150 on Draftkings, and $162 on Fanduel. Bestballs did very well for me and made it to round 4 in a $1 bestball tourney and won $50. Had a chance at a lot more but Amari Cooper buried me. Going to play out the regular season and the playoffs and put the money towards a PS5. I have $280 on draftkings total and $210 total on Fanduel now. 

Congrats to anyone who won their fantasy championship! This was a very tough year with the increase in QB injuries and a lot of backup players and rookies making impacts. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sb41champs said:

Yes - and - lost.

Condolences to you and your loved ones. Horrible feeling having to go through that. Wish you the best moving forward.

41 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was the bubble boy in my pay league on ESPN this year. Had the hardest schedule and had to face the champion 3 times in 15 weeks. I got hit by QB injuries as well to Richardson, and Geno and Howell had issues of their own. Was a 2 QB league which made things worse. So finished in 5th place.

I did extremely well on Fanduel and Draftkings this year. Profited $150 on Draftkings, and $162 on Fanduel. Bestballs did very well for me and made it to round 4 in a $1 bestball tourney and won $50. Had a chance at a lot more but Amari Cooper buried me. Going to play out the regular season and the playoffs and put the money towards a PS5. I have $280 on draftkings total and $210 total on Fanduel now. 

Congrats to anyone who won their fantasy championship! This was a very tough year with the increase in QB injuries and a lot of backup players and rookies making impacts. 

I was dead last in my league last year, so having the #1 spot for the draft was huge. I managed to draft Jefferson, Hurts, AJ Brown, Mark Andrews, Richardson, Mostert and Hall early. Then after Jefferson and Richardson went down, I somehow convinced a guy to trade with me and picked up Josh Jacobs, Tee Higgins, Dak Prescott, Nico Collins and Khalil Herbert. (Yep, he traded all of those players for Jefferson and Richardson... and it kind of worked out with Jefferson because he proceeded to get to .500, squeak into the playoffs and then made a run all the way to the championship!)

It sure helped that for some reason I was a curse for my opponents, as nearly every time someone went up against me one of their top players would either go down or just disappear in the game. In the championship for example my opponent (the same one who I traded with) had Jefferson in as the starting WR and proceeded to watch him go down with only 10 points.

I chalk it up to it just being my lucky season for fantasy I guess! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I was dead last in my league last year, so having the #1 spot for the draft was huge. I managed to draft Jefferson, Hurts, AJ Brown, Mark Andrews, Richardson, Mostert and Hall early. Then after Jefferson and Richardson went down, I somehow convinced a guy to trade with me and picked up Josh Jacobs, Tee Higgins, Dak Prescott, Nico Collins and Khalil Herbert. (Yep, he traded all of those players for Jefferson and Richardson... and it kind of worked out with Jefferson because he proceeded to get to .500, squeak into the playoffs and then made a run all the way to the championship!)

It sure helped that for some reason I was a curse for my opponents, as nearly every time someone went up against me one of their top players would either go down or just disappear in the game. In the championship for example my opponent (the same one who I traded with) had Jefferson in as the starting WR and proceeded to watch him go down with only 10 points.

I chalk it up to it just being my lucky season for fantasy I guess! 

So this must have been a dynasty league if he traded for Richardson. That's a solid haul in return honestly. I'm curious how many players you keep every year. Those are the best fantasy weeks when your opponent that week gets the injuries when they play you. It takes a lot of luck from the draft, trades, FA, and not to get injured to win a championship. Happy for you that you won! Now the Colts just need your luck so we can win a SB lol! haha 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So this must have been a dynasty league if he traded for Richardson. That's a solid haul in return honestly. I'm curious how many players you keep every year. Those are the best fantasy weeks when your opponent that week gets the injuries when they play you. It takes a lot of luck from the draft, trades, FA, and not to get injured to win a championship. Happy for you that you won! Now the Colts just need your luck so we can win a SB lol! haha 

Yep, we'll get to keep 3 players from each previous season. Next year will be the first time we try it as a dynasty league. 

I was okay with letting Jefferson go because I felt this season was my best chance to win it all lol. Besides I've got a strong roster to build upon for next year, and you never know if a player like Jefferson will continue to have a meteoric rise or not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Yep, we'll get to keep 3 players from each previous season. Next year will be the first time we try it as a dynasty league. 

I was okay with letting Jefferson go because I felt this season was my best chance to win it all lol. Besides I've got a strong roster to build upon for next year, and you never know if a player like Jefferson will continue to have a meteoric rise or not. 

3 is usually the best number in dynasty leagues IMO. It allows a person to keep 3 elite players if they have them, but it doesn't cause the top teams to be too separated from the bottom teams each year. It's a good compromise. It did take some balls to let Jefferson go. I'm assuming the Vikings will let Kirk Cousins hit FA, so they will probably be worse at QB next year. I don't know if I could let Jefferson go though, he's a top 5 WR with any starting QB IMO. 

However, you had balls of steel and you won the championship! You took a risk and it paid off. That's exactly what I like my sports teams to do. Braves did it in 2021 when we traded for four Outfielders after Acuna went down and it paid off. Rams did it in the NFL 2 years ago. If you win a championship, it'll be remembered forever. Congrats again!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

3 is usually the best number in dynasty leagues IMO. It allows a person to keep 3 elite players if they have them, but it doesn't cause the top teams to be too separated from the bottom teams each year. It's a good compromise. It did take some balls to let Jefferson go. I'm assuming the Vikings will let Kirk Cousins hit FA, so they will probably be worse at QB next year. I don't know if I could let Jefferson go though, he's a top 5 WR with any starting QB IMO. 

However, you had balls of steel and you won the championship! You took a risk and it paid off. That's exactly what I like my sports teams to do. Braves did it in 2021 when we traded for four Outfielders after Acuna went down and it paid off. Rams did it in the NFL 2 years ago. If you win a championship, it'll be remembered forever. Congrats again!

Thanks man! That's how I viewed it. I was regretting letting Jefferson go at first, but then Nico went off and so did Jacobs. And Prescott ended up starting for me over Hurts for the 2nd half of the season. 

I figured the law of averages says I won't be as good next year, so I said to myself, why the heck not? Why not let him go and go all in for this year right? 

Another nice thing? He's not that big of a Richardson or the Colts in general. So I'll likely have the opportunity to pick up Anthony again next season. 

• Like 1