Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike McDaniel....

LJpalmbeacher2

candidate for HC of the year. 

I know it's common and somewhat comical that the award often goes to the coach of a team that had a bad record in the previous season. Someone like a Demeco Ryans or Steinchen. 

I know the Phinns have plenty of talent and SPEED but I don't think he gets enough credit with what he's done with Tua. He's made him a solid QB when he previously couldn't throw the football across a good size living room LoL....and his durability and concussions made many think he would retire soon. 

But his best job has been his quick innovative play book that relies on timing and accuracy and speed which they have plenty of. And they are legitimate Super Bowl contenders, not just trying to slip into the playoffs.

I think he's worthy of the award and the coach for Detroit has done a fine job too considering the history of that franchise..... and without a elite or franchise QB. 

• Like 2

Kevin Stefanski, of Cleveland Browns should get it.

He has beaten Mike Tomlin with DTR playing Browns QB, John Harbaugh with Lamar as QB, our own Shane Steichen on the road giving up 38 points, Doug Pederson with TLaw as QB, and Zac Taylor with Burrow as QB. He has shuffled through Watson, DTR and now Flacco as his 3rd QB, and don't forget P J Walker for a few games with whom he beat the 49ers. He has about 4 or 5 key players out for the season with injury, that won't help them in the playoffs either.

I think the case is strong, IMO, and they are threatening the Ravens for the division.

• Like 2

If we go 10-7 and win the division, Shane should get it. Most people before the season had us winning 3 or 4 games and had the Jags running away with the division. Taylor has missed 8 games, Smith as well, and we are winning games with a backup QB that many make fun of. 

If we don't win the division, I would give it too Dan Campbell. The Lions are a great story this year.