Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts vs Jags plus injury reports (MERGE)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/10/13/23913929/can-the-colts-get-a-win-in-week-6-betting-odds-trevor-lawrence-gardner-minshew-jonathan-taylor

5 Questions with Big Cat Country: Can the Colts get a win in Week 6?

excerpt from article:

...CS: The Colts are winning their games, right now, in the trenches. In week five we saw them dominate the Titans on both sides of the ball. How do you think the Jaguars will look to deal with the Indy fronts and how do you feel the Jaguars match up in the trenches?

GL: I’m nervous about Jacksonville’s offense in the trenches. Walker Little looked great in his first action at left guard last week but exited the game after just 11 snaps. That means Tyler Shatley will have to go back into the starting lineup. (Ben Bartch got the Week 1 start.) Regardless, I’m expecting another big week from interior linemen DeForest Buckner and Grover Stewart.

I’m very interested to see the difference in Indianapolis’ run game with Zack Moss and Jonathan Taylor playing instead of Deon Jackson, who mustered 13 carries for 14 yards and two lost fumbles in Week 1. The only running backs who’ve cleared 50 yards on the ground against Jacksonville this year are Isiah Pacheco (70 yards) and Bijan Robinson (105 yards).

But the Colts will also be without Anthony Richardson, who brings a rushing element of his own. The Jaguars stack the box at the second-highest rate in the league and you can expect that to stay the same on Sunday. Jacksonville also has the fourth-best run defense by Expected Points Added per play despite the absence of defensive tackle DaVon Hamilton (back) to start the season...

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Freeland getting a lot of experience. Only helps him get better.

Experience is one thing, but can't afford Minshew to get knocked out. Containing Allen is always a problem for this team.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They  should get it. They have practiced all week.

No mention of Cox?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now