Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Rams post game thread

Solid84

It's obvious who wanted AR and who didn't so lets pump up Stroud and Young if it makes that person feel better. AR is better than I thought he even would be so far, the people that didn't want us to draft him will blame him for everything. It's always the QB's fault no matter with most people's mentality anyway. That is why I get a kick out of when some say a QB's W/L record is a team thing not a QB thing. When teams lose, going by my experience with chatting with people and how the media comes off, the QB's W/L record seems pretty important and should since he gets the blame for most things. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will definitely disagree on this, Kevin Bown, our local media, and even the NFL Network agrees with me that there were actually 6 drops. I just remember 4 clear ones. If a ball hits both your hands, one should catch it. Coaches in peewee football would tell you that. PFF has major flaws. I will end the discussion here because no Matter what I say eventhough almost the whole media agrees with me, you still will believe whatever you want. You are simply wrong here but thanks for the fun discussion.

so I guess pitmans incredible catch against the ravens would have been a drop in your opinion. That says it all!!!

On 10/3/2023 at 4:38 PM, jvan1973 said:

It's amazing you're not employed by the NFL.  Or even the CFL

Well I would have done a hell of a lot better job that Ballard and i am sincere when I say that. I mean all I have to do is just win slightly below 50% of my games and  i would be considered a better GM just based on wins and losses. That wouldn't be hard would it??

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well I would have done a hell of a lot better job that Ballard and i am sincere when I say that. I mean all I have to do is just win slightly below 50% of my games and  i would be considered a better GM just based on wins and losses. That wouldn't be hard would it??

Better get a franchise QB that is the key to a good winning%, if you have that and a good defense you can win a lot of games. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Better get a franchise QB that is the key to a good winning%, if you have that and a good defense you can win a lot of games. 

As soon as Luck retired, I would have gone for one. What did Ballard do? He tried to convince us that Brissett was the guy and even gave him more money when he never had to. People seem to forget. He thought Brissett was the guy but go ahead and blame Reich.

11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

As soon as Luck retired, I would have gone for one. What did Ballard do? He tried to convince us that Brissett was the guy and even gave him more money when he never had to. People seem to forget. He thought Brissett was the guy but go ahead and blame Reich.

That was a mistake, I did like Rivers gamble though because with him we had a chance to win it all. Rivers had a good defense and the O.Line was good that year too. Our 2020 team almost beat the Bills in the playoffs. Over the last 3 years there really hasn't been any eye popping QB's that have came out, like a Luck for example. 

Let me ask you this, had Luck not retired, what do you think Ballard's record would be? I would guess he would have won 65% of his games at least. From 2012-2014 with Luck and no run game we won 69% of our games. Is that because of Grigson or Luck? I think we know the answer.

13 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Good grief!   

Andrew Luck retired in Mid-August!    There was no one to go get at that time of year unless you’re willing to grossly  overpay!

And Brissett was fine as the guy for a year.   He was 5-2 in his first 7 games before he hurt his knee and played anyway.  

But do tell us what you would have done.   :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good grief!   

Andrew Luck retired in Mid-August!    There was no one to go get at that time of year unless you’re willing to grossly  overpay!

And Brissett was fine as the guy for a year.   He was 5-2 in his first 7 games before he hurt his knee and played anyway.  

But do tell us what you would have done.   :facepalm:

Yeah, Ballard really had no choice in 2019 because Luck retired right before the season. Getting Rivers in 2020 was a good move as well. I look at 2021 and 2022 and I really don't see any QB that is great yet. Drafting AR here in 2023 was a good move.