Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[JT O'Sullivan] Anthony Richardson Week 2 vs Houston Analysis

Solid84

He seems to be really happy with AR and the playdesign again.

Pittman gets called out for bad effort on AR's first TD run. Gets kudos for his blocking on AR's 2nd TD.

Pierce was OPEN on a deep post after the 2nd TD - the left handed throw away play

Granson needs to catch the ball even if it was a little hot and the wrong read.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Solid84 said:

He seems to be really happy with AR and the playdesign again.

Pittman gets called out for bad effort on AR's first TD run. Gets kudos for his blocking on AR's 2nd TD.

Pierce was OPEN on a deep post after the 2nd TD - the left handed throw away play

Granson needs to catch the ball even if it was a little hot and the wrong read.

I didn’t see no bad effort from Pittman. The way the play design was there really wasn’t much he was supposed to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Didn't he? He's running a clear out, does he need to head all the way to the tunnel? I think it's a petty call out, IMO.

Pittman slowed down and “exited” the play before it was over. The defender Pitt was occupying actually turned around and chased AR nearly catching up to him. Pittman turned and chased the defender. 

Ultimately we scored no matter if he quit on the play or not. I just feel it’s a bad look when a player slows down like that when the play is still on going. Had the defender been quicker in picking up what was going on he could’ve stopped or at least put a hit on AR. 

Now we just need him to finish a game.  I saw clear improvement between week 1 and week 2 and I don't think anyone needed someone like JT O'Sullivan to dive into film to tell us that.  I thought his throws were cleaner than last week, even though he only played a quarter of football.  He is working through progressions quickly and is decisive as hell.  He's doing better than anyone could have really hoped for. 

I'd like to see him attack downfield more often and do a bit better at protecting himself.  But you can easily see he is not playing like a QB that's only had one full year of college starts and two NFL games under his belt.  He can be one of the best QBs in the NFL, but he can't if he's exiting every game prematurely.

15 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Pittman slowed down and “exited” the play before it was over. The defender Pitt was occupying actually turned around and chased AR nearly catching up to him. Pittman turned and chased the defender. 

Ultimately we scored no matter if he quit on the play or not. I just feel it’s a bad look when a player slows down like that when the play is still on going. Had the defender been quicker in picking up what was going on he could’ve stopped or at least put a hit on AR. 

Sure, I think Pittman could have continued selling his route 25 yards down the field, but I don't think this was an effort thing. I think Pittman was unaware of where the ball carrier was, he may not have even known that Richardson kept the ball, I think there was a pass option to the right side. 

I agreed with the call out last week. This one seems like bias.