Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everyone sends smoke signals up BEFORE the draft.............when the draft ACTUALLY arrives teams that are enamored with certain players will convince themselves that what they are doing is completely rational and justified and will pull the trigger on a trade!

This is especially true when new days begin.............i.e when day two opens and there are a couple players that fell out of the first round people will be calling both the rams and the Colts to trade up..........beginning of round 4 will be the same on Saturday!

I would posit that we stand a better chance of making a trade than people with picks at the end of the 1st round.

The reason for this is that we have all night for teams to look at their draft boards and update them to see if there's any gems left and then negotiate a trade, rather than trying to do it in 10 minutes. Look at what happened with the NE/Randy Moss trade where NE traded the #1 pick in the fourth round overnight (Day 2 back then was round 4-7) and Oakland took Michael Bush.

The other good thing about this position is that a trade after the first round for such a high 2nd round pick (if it happens) will almost undoubtedly net you a 1st next year.

I would posit that we stand a better chance of making a trade than people with picks at the end of the 1st round.

The reason for this is that we have all night for teams to look at their draft boards and update them to see if there's any gems left and then negotiate a trade, rather than trying to do it in 10 minutes. Look at what happened with the NE/Randy Moss trade where NE traded the #1 pick in the fourth round overnight (Day 2 back then was round 4-7) and Oakland took Michael Bush.

good point lol New England certainly got the better of that trade even if it was a short time

I'd say Grigson was just checking him out in the wild off chance he falls to the second round which to me clearly wont happen but ya still got to check out the best players at positions you need

Yea I kno because Brockers ain't getting past 15. It was just a thought sorta like Atlanta moved all the way up to 8 to get Julio Jones just by giving up their 1st rounder for next year and I think a 4th

Yea I kno because Brockers ain't getting past 15. It was just a thought sorta like Atlanta moved all the way up to 8 to get Julio Jones just by giving up their 1st rounder for next year and I think a 4th

at this point were in no position to give up any picks next year either unless we have a killer draft and all our picks hit this year but I know what ya mean, who ya got in your mock draft?

at this point were in no position to give up any picks next year either unless we have a killer draft and all our picks hit this year but I know what ya mean, who ya got in your mock draft?

1)Luck

2)Jerel Worthy

3) AJ Jenkins or Mychal Kendricks if he falls

4)Dwight Bently

5)Hicks or Baptiste

5)Orson Charles(probably be gone) Ladarius green

6)Cyrus Gray

7)Keenen Robinson

7) Owusu

7) I have no clue and can careless lol

1)Luck

2)Jerel Worthy

3) AJ Jenkins or Mychal Kendricks if he falls

4)Dwight Bently

5)Hicks or Baptiste

5)Orson Charles(probably be gone) Ladarius green

6)Cyrus Gray

7)Keenen Robinson

7) Owusu

7) I have no clue and can careless lol

1.Luck

2 Zeitler > J. Jenkins

3.Janoris Jenkins > Criner

4.Ladarius Green > Nick Toon

5.Streeter > Marvin Mcnutt

5.Hicks < Baptiste

6.Cordarro Law < Miles Burris

7.Owusu > Kevin Koger

7.Adrian Robinson > Lance Lewis

7.Jarret Boykin > Eddie Whitley

1.Luck

2 Zeitler > J. Jenkins

3.Janoris Jenkins > Criner

4.Ladarius Green > Nick Toon

5.Streeter > Marvin Mcnutt

5.Hicks < Baptiste

6.Cordarro Law < Miles Burris

7.Owusu > Kevin Koger

7.Adrian Robinson > Lance Lewis

7.Jarret Boykin > Eddie Whitley

It's just too hard for me to pass on Jerel Worthy if he is sitting there in the 2nd

It's just too hard for me to pass on Jerel Worthy if he is sitting there in the 2nd

I can, just something about him that I dont like, that and hes a 4-3 guy, never make it as 3-4 nose tackle, another one I like at 32 is Ta'amu