Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

USFL starts Saturday, April 15 on FOX!

On 4/13/2023 at 10:44 AM, Myles said:

I'm looking forward to it as last season was very good.

Some good games this weekend!  The Philly Stars were back in form like last year and the Stallions (Birmingham) --- both with wins!  I actually think I like the USFL better because of more traditional rules.  The XFL games were good though this weekend and next weekend will determine who will be in the playoffs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I won some money in the past weeks by betting on Memphis. They have won five straight games now. I tried a two game parlay bet, but it didn't work out. I had Memphis but didn't win anything because I bet on the Philadelphia Stars also and they lost. 

I probably won't do parlays too often, 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there!  Sat. 6/24 8 pm NBC Playoff game

Sun. 7/25 7 pm on Fox 59-------------------I forget who is playing who...but the Championship game will be Saturday, July 1

at 8 pm on NBC!  Go Birmingham Stallions....I think it will be them against the New Orleans team...good luck to all!!

XFL saw a team with a losing record (4-6) win it all which was a bad look, now USFL may face same as two 4-6 teams (Piit/Mich) square off in the semis meaning one advances to the title game. How ironic that would be. 

Birmingham is looking good Deon Cain on a hot streak taking D's apart but their game vs New orleans tomorrow no easy task 

I expect Birmingham and New Orleans to be a high scoring game. 

I have no idea what Michigan and Pittsburgh will be like Neither team made the playoffs last season, but the Maulers dominated the Panthers during the regular season. Michigan might be due for revenge. 

6 hours ago, Myles said:

Birmingham vs Pittsburg for the Championship July 1st.   I'll be pulling for Pit.

I am rooting for the wild Stallions and Mr. McGhou (Alex - QB) and team for the win!  You know anything can happen but if they play like they did this weekend, they are going to get a big win. Coach Holtz has done a great job.  Hopefully it's a good game!  Looking forward to it!  It's been a fun season!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nancy said:

I am rooting for the wild Stallions and Mr. McGhou (Alex - QB) and team for the win!  You know anything can happen but if they play like they did this weekend, they are going to get a big win. Coach Holtz has done a great job.  Hopefully it's a good game!  Looking forward to it!  It's been a fun season!

I do think BHam wins the game.  Their kicker will be trying out for some NFL teams I would think.  He was 14 of 15 kicking field goals with the lone miss from over 50 yards.   35/35 on the XP. 

• Like 1

I want to see Pittsburgh win the Championship, as I often go for the underdog. I like to watch Alex McGough, though. If he plays like he did Sunday, the Maulers will have a difficult time trying to catch up. 

Wonder if some NFL teams have McGough on their radar, along with the Stallions kicker. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 6:22 PM, Myles said:

I do think BHam wins the game.  Their kicker will be trying out for some NFL teams I would think.  He was 14 of 15 kicking field goals with the lone miss from over 50 yards.   35/35 on the XP. 

Whats even more impressive is he never played college ball at all he was a soccer star and drafted and played professionally (48 games for Toronto and Bethlehem). Took 4 years off and then because a Kicker...quite the story

McGough should definitely be in a camp he is better then a handful of backups and most 3rd stringers. He's like Mahomes lite (I think Packers may have an interest, behind Love is Danny Etling and rookie Sean Clifford those 3 have 1 total start and 83 pass attempts all  Love's).

Would like to see Deon Cain make it back in the NFL, was a top return man and made some important catches ( 8 for 74 last week)

• Like 1

Former Colts player Deon Cain was the MVP in yesterday's USFL championship game. He scored three touchdowns to lead the Stallions to victory: 28-12. He didn't have many catches, but made them all count. 

Congratulations to Birmingham and to Cain! The Maulers had a good season, but were outplayed.  

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 5:54 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Whats even more impressive is he never played college ball at all he was a soccer star and drafted and played professionally (48 games for Toronto and Bethlehem). Took 4 years off and then because a Kicker...quite the story

McGough should definitely be in a camp he is better then a handful of backups and most 3rd stringers. He's like Mahomes lite (I think Packers may have an interest, behind Love is Danny Etling and rookie Sean Clifford those 3 have 1 total start and 83 pass attempts all  Love's).

Would like to see Deon Cain make it back in the NFL, was a top return man and made some important catches ( 8 for 74 last week)

Cain was very able last night, MVP and dominated......I expect him back on an NFL squad within the week.

On 6/27/2023 at 10:32 AM, teganslaw said:

I want to see Pittsburgh win the Championship, as I often go for the underdog. I like to watch Alex McGough, though. If he plays like he did Sunday, the Maulers will have a difficult time trying to catch up. 

Wonder if some NFL teams have McGough on their radar, along with the Stallions kicker. 

Wow that was probably a cool trip to make!  I thought it would be a closer score but what can you say about Alex McGough?  I see an NFL team getting him to their training camp.  The kicker on Pittsburgh is amazing too - Chris Blewitt!  I think he kicked a 60 yarder in the game?  But back to McGough...he's just a crazy and wild QB that will do whatever he has to do to win.  Very exciting to watch.  How were the fans at the game and the before the game activities, etc?  Congrats to the Birmingham Stallions for the win!

I didn't attend the game, though it would have been fun. Maybe my post wasn't clear. I watched it at home. Thought the game would be closer, but how could they stop Alex McGough?  I live in a state over, so maybe sometime I'll get to Canton to see a game. 

And the Cowboys today scooped up Brandon Aubrey to be their kicker for 2023, not surprised the kid earned his spot in this league.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

McGough did indeed go to the Pack,should be interesting how far up the depth chart he goes.

• 5 months later...