Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs sign Chase McLaughlin

chad72

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/28/bucs-agree-to-terms-with-chase-mclaughlin/

I wish we’d have retained him. 9-11 in 40-49 and 9-12 in 50+ in 2022 is definitely above average in the league. Not sure why we wanted to not retain him.

We got one of the best kickers now , Ballard tired of all the kicking nonsense

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, Matt Gay wasn’t cheap but you get what you pay for. Just like when we got AV, top quality.

Kicking has cost us the last few years dating all the way back to Vinny last year or 2 , so I wasn’t to mad about the signing. But I hope he can avoid the colts curse of players coming to Indy and having injuries and bad play. I don’t know if it’s the turf or what but the colts are always one of the most injured teams (no stats to back up this claim just my opinion)

Chase had traditionally struggled between 40-49 yards (10 of 21 for his career) which is a kickers bread and butter before last season. Last season he showed he has corrected that finishing a terrific 9 of 11. I hope he shows last season wasnt a fluke and he has a great career. We opted for an elite top 3 kicker who has never struggled at any distance over his 4 season career so a safe upgrade. It didnt come cheap but we are likely involved in many close games so need to make as many kicks as possible.

On 3/30/2023 at 9:28 AM, jbaron04 said:

Kicking has cost us the last few years dating all the way back to Vinny last year or 2 , so I wasn’t to mad about the signing. But I hope he can avoid the colts curse of players coming to Indy and having injuries and bad play. I don’t know if it’s the turf or what but the colts are always one of the most injured teams (no stats to back up this claim just my opinion)

Always feels we are more injured to me as well.  That turf is utter crap if you've ever been on it.  But more than that, I wonder what the practice facility is like?

According to this site, we are the second most injured from 2009-2022

https://www.ohbets.com/most-injury-prone-nfl-teams/

Archived