Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster February 1 2023 - No Wonder

DougDew

On 2/4/2023 at 9:27 AM, DougDew said:

I know.  I wanted to highlight our top 10 players...who they were...and also to lift out Ryan and Leonard for accounting for 23% of the cap.   And that's not meant as a knock on Leonard, but when that much cap is sitting on the bench...it contributes to a 4-12-1 season.   That cap allocation had no impact this year.

Also, most of the players that the fans are excited about, JT, PItt, Pierce, Paye, Rogers...can't think of many more....are way down the list.   The Colts seem to not be getting the needed impact from their top 10.

It's kind of a ripple effect though.  Poor line play (with an average QB) led to poor QB play, led to poor WR play?  Maybe.  I'm looking forward to a new C and new RG, and a new QB who can make plays on the move.  This should lead to better play by the WRs and TEs.

First of all - your contract number is your contract number - regardless of whether or not the salary cap increases or decreases.

The new coaching staff has to be hired.

Once the staff is hired - each individual unit - then player will be scrutinized for what he brings to the roster and what it costs the team in salary.

As for our roster - and - any potential changes - they won't come immediately.  The new league year doesn't begin for another month.

Lots and lots and lots of decisions have to be made between now and the new league year.

Who chooses to retire??

Who should we cut outright??

Who can we use for a trade - cutting salary - or - adding a player who would be valuable to our systems??

For me - I think that Ryan Kelly - and - Mo Allie Cox - and - possibly Kenny Moore II are names that may be moved - in one way or another.

Archived