Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Andrew Luck video

Andrew Luck is a true professional. He is tired, exhausted, & probably is suffering through jet lag & yet with so many demands on his time....Luck still was polite, smiled, & took photos with admiring fans. The Colts are making the right franchise field general choice here IMO.

Jules, thank you for this TMZ video because I like to see star athletes outside their natural element & how they interact with the public when they are physically & psychologically drained. This is when you see a true person's personality & true colors in my estimation.

theirs a time for flashiness on the field I think, as long as its not overdone, I think our defense could use alot of flash and 'swagger' a sense of we can compete we can hit hard. we can instill fear into the other team, outside of Mathis and Freeny the team missed that for 14 years, we lacked that toughness on both sides of the ball and its up to Grigson and the current regime to bring out, one of the points of the "Unleash the Monster" T-shirts we must also remember at this point they are not a team they are growing as one trying to become one, but just because you throw a bunch of guys together dont mean were a team thats another purpose I believe those t-shirts were for

He seems like a regular guy.

Nothing flashy.

Luck's Average Joe quality is his best asset; No sense of entitlement. Zero arrogance. Put your nose to the grindstone, grab your playbook, & go to work. Leaders never showboat; they lead by quiet example plain & simple.

Luck's Average Joe quality is his best asset; No sense of entitlement. Zero arrogance. Put your nose to the grindstone, grab your playbook, & go to work. Leaders never showboat; they lead by quiet example plain & simple.

Our defense does need a little flash to instill fear into the opposing players on the field, they need to become that hard hitting physical team, I think that was another purpose of Tom Zbykowski being brought in among a couple other reasons

Thoughts?

Our defense does need a little flash to instill fear into the opposing players on the field, they need to become that hard hitting physical team, I think that was another purpose of Tom Zbykowski being brought in among a couple other reasons

Thoughts?

I think defense could always use a little attitude.

I still think Luck-personality wise- is the absolute fit for this team right now where they are. And he is a good fit in Indy IMO too.

I think/hope he will win over our fans eventually, he has already won some hearts over but there are still many more out there.

Thoughts?

Gavin,

You are exactly right. Safety Tom Zbykowski will give our defensive some teeth like a junkyard dog who will hone in on the football like a missile & dislodge the pigskin with ferocious intensity. Heck, he was the understudy to Ed Reed the best safety in the NFL IMO. Any man that routinely boxes in the off season is certainly no pushover or cream puff. Perhaps, Zbykowski will rally our troops into battle within a couple of seasons just like Ray Lewis in Baltimore.

Your point is a valid one Gavin. We need vocal leaders on the sidelines who will crack the whip, hold other team mates accountable, & demand 100% effort from the 1st half through the 2nd half no exceptions. And, if you are injured, take the role of mentor i.e. show the young rookies where you must be, the importance of film study, & selective amnesia...If you get beat, go to the sidelines, study pre & post shots, clear your head, wipe that bad play clean from your memory banks, & make that TE or WR pay the price next time.

Gavin,

You are exactly right. Safety Tom Zbykowski will give our defensive some teeth like a junkyard dog who will hone in on the football like a missile & dislodge the pigskin with ferocious intensity. Heck, he was the understudy to Ed Reed the best safety in the NFL IMO. Any man that routinely boxes in the off season is certainly no pushover or cream puff. Perhaps, Zbykowski will rally our troops into battle within a couple of seasons just like Ray Lewis in Baltimore.

Your point is a valid one Gavin. We need vocal leaders on the sidelines who will crack the whip, hold other team mates accountable, & demand 100% effort from the 1st half through the 2nd half no exceptions. And, if you are injured, take the role of mentor i.e. show the young rookies where you must be, the importance of film study, & selective amnesia...If you get beat, go to the sidelines, study pre & post shots, clear your head, wipe that bad play clean from your memory banks, & make that TE or WR pay the price next time.

it seems our defense was on the sidelines more often then not especially after they got beat just sat theu hunched over wallowing in frustration and confusion and wondering it is they have to do now alot of those games we won obviously we did have manning but I noticed the body language and seemingly the lack of communication on defense

I think defense could always use a little attitude.

I still think Luck-personality wise- is the absolute fit for this team right now where they are. And he is a good fit in Indy IMO too.

I think/hope he will win over our fans eventually, he has already won some hearts over but there are still many more out there.

Luck brings a little of both I think as far as a calm demeanor yet an attitutude, I dont see him being nervous to get in someones face if need be

it seems our defense was on the sidelines more often then not especially after they got beat just sat theu hunched over wallowing in frustration and confusion and wondering it is they have to do now alot of those games we won obviously we did have manning but I noticed the body language and seemingly the lack of communication on defense

I get what you mean Gavin. Perhaps, Zbykowski will be our version of the NY Jets Jim Lenard making sure everyone is in the right spot. Every team needs 2 field generals; 1 on offense & 1 on defense. I don't want Zbykowski free lancing like Reed does for at least a few years anyway.

I still wish Robert Mathis would assume Terrel Suggs role on our defense as opposed to Dwight Freeney. It will be fun to confuse the opposing QB will who the surprise blitzer will be or are we sliding back into coverage.

I love this! this to me is what we been missing (not from our quarterback but from our defense)

I agree. However, I never want my QB hitting a DB ever!!! Go to the sidelines & get ready for the next offensive series Luck. I can't afford an injury to the franchise QB; my season would be over period. I like the swarming intensity to the ball though. If Luck attempts this in the NFL, his career will be shortlived IMO.

It looks like it might be Colts related. He is not under contract yet so he might have to hold out on signing his name on stuff?

Just thinking out loud.

per the comment section there:

He might not have been able to sign because of an exclusive contract with trading card or memorabilia companies. For example, he has a contract with one trading card company that they are the only brand he can sign autographs with until after the NFL Draft takes place. Or, it could have been a Colts item, and he's not officially with them, so he did not sign it.

lol it seems almost like those guys followed him so he had to sign stuff and take pics.

Jules,

I apologize Gavin & I deviated a little bit from your Andrew Luck autograph session by discussing the Colts defense. I do not want to go off the original path & get your topic locked down by a moderator. I like your commentary & insights overall & I want to ensure this debate remains open & active. Again, sorry about my slight detour Jules.

Jules,

I apologize Gavin & I deviated a little bit from your Andrew Luck autograph session by discussing the Colts defense. I do not want to go off the original path & get your topic locked down by a moderator. I like your commentary & insights overall & I want to ensure this debate remains open & active. Again, sorry about my slight detour Jules.

No problem at all. I like to deviate at times. :)

Night Gavin.

I just realized.....he's one year older than me.

Soon there are going to be players on the team that are younger than me. That'll be weird.

Well yeah, get used to it lol. I'm 26 now but I feel better knowing that Brandon Weeden is being drafted into the league at 28. Makes me feel young again lol.

Actually can't tell what it is that he could not sign. I am now over analyzing. :)

If you pause it at the right moment you can see it's a photoshopped picture of Luck wearing a Colts jersey. The guy says. "oh I've got another one, and pulls out the picture of him in the Stanford Cardinal jersey.

I'm not really sure why he refused, maybe the photoshopped jersey had a reebok logo on it and he can't sign it because he is signed with Nike? Michael Jordan used to do that stuff. Who knows.

RG3 certainly doesn't have a problem signing team merch that he's not signed with yet...

7109231799_f5dd47f510_m.jpg

Actually can't tell what it is that he could not sign. I am now over analyzing. :)

Looks like a photoshop "Luck in a Colts uniform". You can see the blue 12 picture right when the camera starts to show him signing autographs.