Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saturday Stops Practice

RollerColt

On top of all this, the team sucks and they are already asking for season ticket holders to make payments if we want to be on payment plans. This is the earliest they have ever asked for money for season tickets. 

If I want to do an 8-installment plan, I have to start paying this month through July 2023. Normally, they wouldn't start asking for payment until March of each year and they had several payment plans. Fortunately, I have the Colts credit card and I get 6 months no interest and some cash back. This has really been an unusual season. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

But so have most teams. At least a couple of times. We embarrassed Buffalo last year. The Rams have been embarrassed multiple times this year. It happens in a 16 or 17 game schedule. 

The Colts are very competitive against top level competition and they have been over the last 3 seasons. They have been in almost every game until very late.  

These are alpha males. They compete, physically, against one another, for a living. You better have some personal pride.

They just arent very good in some key areas. Thats all.

Sorry, very different IMO. Buffalo had a one or two bad games. We had many. Buffalo was much more consistent. Rams have a lot issues this year (I could write a book). Big time OL issues. Injuries. WR group is very meh aside Kupp. They can't run. Their D has taken a big step back. Everything can go wrong... has gone wrong.

Indy... our first 9 games, and last 2 games in 2021, were super meh. Our best win, vs KC, took a ton of luck/injuries/etc.. Our 1st half performance all year has been atrocious. I can go game to game, but won't.. it's a waste of time. 

And sorry.. on the player level... not all players are "self starters".... that's why coaches matters. And not all players are alphas. 

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sorry, very different IMO. Buffalo had a one or two bad games. We had many. Buffalo was much more consistent. Rams have a lot issues this year (I could write a book). Big time OL issues. Injuries. WR group is very meh aside Kupp. They can't run. Their D has taken a big step back. Everything can go wrong... has gone wrong.

Indy... our first 9 games, and last 2 games in 2021, were super meh. Our best win, vs KC, took a ton of luck/injuries/etc.. Our 1st half performance all year has been atrocious. I can go game to game, but won't.. it's a waste of time. 

And sorry.. on the player level... not all players are "self starters".... that's why coaches matters. And not all players are alphas. 

"Super meh", whatever that means.......is not a sign of a lack of pride. Its just a bad performance. Its hard to perform in an NFL game because there is another team of prideful men who are trying to win too. Sometimes you just get beat.

Anyways we have not been blown out many times over the last 2-3 years. If you can keep a game close in the NFL, you are clearly trying hard to win.

99% of those guys are alpha personalities with insane genetics. We will just agree to disagree there. 

2 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

"Super meh", whatever that means.......is not a sign of a lack of pride. Its just a bad performance. Its hard to perform in an NFL game because there is another team of prideful men who are trying to win too. Sometimes you just get beat.

Anyways we have not been blown out many times over the last 2-3 years. If you can keep a game close in the NFL, you are clearly trying hard to win.

99% of those guys are alpha personalities with insane genetics. We will just agree to disagree there. 

Great genes and insane ability does not mean "alpha" or leader. 

All teams have a ton of great genes. Not all teams have great leaders. And not guys are alphas. There are great quiet guys, great vocal guys.. etc.. and there are also various levels of determination, smarts, ability, leadership, common sense, self-pride, work ethic, behavior, etc.. To say everyone is a alpha or everyone possesses certain things, is just silly. People are simply different. People respond differently. Some require nothing. Some require pushing. Some work harder. Some are lazier than others. 

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Great genes and insane ability does not mean "alpha" or leader. 

All teams have a ton of great genes. Not all teams have great leaders. And not guys are alphas. There are great quiet guys, great vocal guys.. etc.. and there are also various levels of determination, smarts, ability, leadership, common sense, self-pride, work ethic, behavior, etc.. To say everyone is a alpha or everyone possesses certain things, is just silly. People are simply different. People respond differently. Some require nothing. Some require pushing. Some work harder. Some are lazier than others. 

Yes but I never said any of that East.

In the NFL that might be true but its a league of alpha male personalities.

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The mindset was good in theory, but a few years in and it was apparent that his philosophy was flawed in practice. It’s not a philosophy that equates to winning.

And your strategy as a GM should not hinge on one guy. And I thinks that’s one of the biggest knocks against Ballard. He was only going as far as Luck would take him. He had no contingency plan after he retired. It almost makes you think that Ballard isn’t the guy to have as GM if your team needs a young franchise QB.

I believe this is why Ballard took the job. His plan was probably to build a team around Luck and he was convinced he'd never have to worry about the QB position as long as he was here. When Luck left, Ballard was caught off guard and decided to try and continue without drafting someone. He started with Brissett that year, and pivoted to older QBs while the team was on rookie contracts to see if they could do something after we made the playoffs and won a game in 2018.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem like he had a plan to ever draft a QB because of the fear of losing his job if it didn't work out, and he kicked the can down the road over and over again to the point where our team is mostly paid now, cap is tighter, and he has cost many people their jobs, including the coach he is friends with. It also seems like he has lost Irsays trust to the point where he is meddling and overruling Ballards decision making. 

So I think one of two things will happen at the end of the season. Ballard either resigns or gets fired. Or he drafts a franchise QB in the first round in the draft next year. Whether he does it on his own or Irsay forces him too. He'll have no choice IMO, if he wants to remain the GM here heading into next year. 

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So I think one of two things will happen at the end of the season. Ballard either resigns or gets fired. Or he drafts a franchise QB in the first round in the draft next year. Whether he does it on his own or Irsay forces him too. He'll have no choice IMO, if he wants to remain the GM here heading into next year. 

And I’d put more money on the first two options that involve him leaving. Ballard is not the GM that the Colts need for the long term. I think he stopped being able he answer once Luck retired, and also Castonzo to a lesser degree. The story of Ballard is that he’s a great GM when most of the answers are already there. He’s great at finding temporary solutions, but can’t hit on anything long term at the positions where it matters. I really think his  best role is to be the head of college scouting for a team.

Archived