Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steeler's Kenny Pickett

King Colt

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

There always one every few seasons. Victor cruz, dak Prescott. 

Id like to see the Steelers suffer for a few more years lol but it's always nice to see a preseason star bud 

Even though they have been a thorn for the Colts, I have always liked the Steelers.   I respect the franchise for having only 3 head coaches since 1969 (53 years).

I know they won't, but I would like to see them win their division this season.  

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I despise the Steelers and because of that I'm not hoping Pickett becomes anything more than average.....but the way the league & refs like them, a average QB will probably be good enough for them to return to prosperity. Lol

You and your conspiracy theories are pretty laughable considering you spend so much time criticizing the Colts front office.   If it's predetermined by "the football Gods" it doesn't matter what the Colts front office does.    A weird paradox you have painted for yourself

On 8/25/2022 at 2:19 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I despise the Steelers and because of that I'm not hoping Pickett becomes anything more than average.....but the way the league & refs like them, a average QB will probably be good enough for them to return to prosperity. Lol

I hope he has a great career. Too bad the Vikings did not draft him. :(

@VikingsFanInChennai how would you have liked Pickett for the Vikes? 

On 8/27/2022 at 9:20 AM, NFLfan said:

I hope he has a great career. Too bad the Vikings did not draft him. :(

@VikingsFanInChennai how would you have liked Pickett for the Vikes? 

The way I see, he's a safe QB, has enough arm strength, Pocket awareness and escapability (not sure against nfl talents), general accuracy, and getting the ball out quickly to receivers. So he's gonna be starting QB, but from limited highlights I watched from last season, he seems to be very scheme specific and I did not see much of play action, zone heavy sets.. Very few play action snaps, very few snaps behind center unless it is mostly red zone or goal line snaps, where he either QB sneaks or does play action in already determined plays. Not sure if he's well versed in read option plays, and if he could scale up to NFL play books.

He seems to be very limited in specific scheme (shotgun - did we see much with Pat Shurmur?) , very general talent, nothing extra ordinary. I'm not sure if he really could read NFL defenses that well, in order to start with expanded playbook, or if he needs to be brought up slowly throughout his rookie season. 

He could slowly pick up to be a good QB like Andy Dalton or could be moved to very good backup option for his career. I guess lower ceiling, higher floor. 

For Vikes, I guess he's not gonna be good match for the scheme. I understand if they didn't look to pick him up. 

For Pittsburgh and their defense, any QB who just does his job silently without many mistakes could be enough to get into playoffs, so wouldn't be surprised if it goes well for them, mostly with the help of their defense. 

Pickett & Trubisky's stats in preseason are very near the same. I think they go against Cincy in week one so I would go with Trubisky because he has more real game experience. I would guess Pickett is the fan's choice here. Pittsburgh is being "no comment" so far on who gets the start for week one.

Archived