Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ex Colts PJ Walker saved

holeymoley99

Looked to be the odd man out in Carolina QB derby BUT Matt Corrall suffered a lisc Franc Injury out for the year soooo looks like the QB 3 spot is his. With Baker Mayfield as the starter and Sam Darnold as the backup he may not see much time but then again is a Baker and sam 1-2 really that secure ?

16 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Looked to be the odd man out in Carolina QB derby BUT Matt Corrall suffered a lisc Franc Injury out for the year soooo looks like the QB 3 spot is his. With Baker Mayfield as the starter and Sam Darnold as the backup he may not see much time but then again is a Baker and sam 1-2 really that secure ?

You think they really need a 3rd QB?

They would of had to keep 3 if Corral didn't get hurt. Now they can use that spot elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, w87r said:

You think they really need a 3rd QB?

They would of had to keep 3 if Corral didn't get hurt. Now they can use that spot elsewhere.

I think they need 3 more then most any other team honestly. Mayfield/Darnold 1-2 is scary as can be to me. Glad not our problem.

33 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Thank goodness this is not the religious post I thought it was when I first read it. 

I though he fell off a boat or was in an accident or something when I read title.

42 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I think they need 3 more then most any other team honestly. Mayfield/Darnold 1-2 is scary as can be to me. Glad not our problem.

While I can agree I don't trust Baker or Darnold and am happy they are not our QBs., I think the Panthers will just roll those 2 out there.

Walker has made plays in the past, so it isn't outside the realm of reality. Like I said they would of definitely carried 3 if Corral didn't get hurt. This fives them a reprieve, kinda like Ogletree did with us carrying 4 TEs.

Posted vol 2 of Too early top 53 as well.

21 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

I don't think they would even consider playing Walker over Mayfield or Darnold.  It wouldn't be a wise move. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2022 at 7:38 AM, Myles said:

I don't think they would even consider playing Walker over Mayfield or Darnold.  It wouldn't be a wise move. 

They have indeed made that decision ,even if Mayfield or Darnold is healthy Walker is staying as the starter. Again when Baker and Sam was their 1-2 punch an option none of the above was always in play.

12 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

They have indeed made that decision ,even if Mayfield or Darnold is healthy Walker is staying as the starter. Again when Baker and Sam was their 1-2 punch an option none of the above was always in play.

I was absolutely wrong on this and Walker and the Panthers just beat the Buccs.   I wish him well and hope he continues to improve.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I was absolutely wrong on this and Walker and the Panthers just beat the Buccs.   I wish him well and hope he continues to improve.  

I always liked the guy, seemed to play his heart out and now at least has the chance to do something. Sometimes a team left for dead rises up with new players getting opportunities. Foreman and Hubbard is a solid 1-2, and that division is the worst in football right now. Big game vs Falcons this week.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:20 AM, holeymoley99 said:

I always liked the guy, seemed to play his heart out and now at least has the chance to do something. Sometimes a team left for dead rises up with new players getting opportunities. Foreman and Hubbard is a solid 1-2, and that division is the worst in football right now. Big game vs Falcons this week.

Heck, P J Walker might win the division for them, too soon?? :) 

Archived