• Colts by 21 or more
    • Colts by 14-20
    • Colts by 7-13
    • ND by 1-6
    • Opponent by 1-6
    • Opponent by 7-13
    • Opponent by 14-20
    • Opponent by 21 or more
  2. 2. How many yards will Trevor toss for?

3. 3. Who will have more rushing yards

4. 4. What defense will have more sacks?

5. 5. Will Paye or Dayo get a sack this game

• Yes, both will
    • Yes, but only Paye
    • Yes, but only Dayo
    • No, neither
  6. 6. Will Urban go clubbin' in Indy after the game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2021 at 06:00 PM

Jets....

• Offense
    • Bottom 10 passing O
      • but... we made 2 backups grade out 100+ passer rating last week
      • mediocre OL, but hasn't give up a ton of sacks
    • Average rush O
      • but good RB1, and he should be back this Sunday. Refreshed, or rusty?
    • 2nd worst points per game
      • haven't scored more than 23 all year (vs Miami)
      • can we not embarrass ourselves and let them drop 30 or more on us lol
  • Defense
    • Bottom 10 passing D
      • but Allen and Murray combined for 0 TDs and 3 INTs against them
      • Smoot and Allen are capable of pressure/sacks and might challenge Fisher's new found ascension in grades
      • Good FS (Wingard) and one decent CB (Griffin)
      • Horrible passer rating allowed (104 like us), but have only allowed 11 passing TDs (we've given up 23).
        • Their bend-don't-break works better than ours...
    • Average rush D in terms of YPG
      • but... give up less yards per attempt than we do and are ranked #3 in AVG allowed.
    • Bottom 10 in points per game allowed
      • but... held Buffalo to 9 points last week
  • Overall - there is no reason we shouldn't win this by 2 scores unless we get cute. Balance on O, and don't let Lawrence make make us look silly. Buffalo lost because they threw it 47 times and ran RBs only 9 times. I guess that  virus is going around... 
    • Colts O vs Jax D
      • In short, their D is better than their stats
      • No reason we shouldn't score if we are balanced
    • Colts D vs Jax O
      • Robinson should be back, and he's a capable RB
      • Our pass D stinks, gives cushion, so don't be shocked if Lawrence looks "good"

Offense

• QB Trevor Lawrence Q    57.0
    • -C.J. Beathard    
  • RB James Robinson Q    78.8
    • -Carlos Hyde  57.7
    • -Dare Ogunbowale 47.7    
  • WR1 Marvin Jones Jr.    65.3
    • -Tavon Austin  54.9
  • WR2 Laviska Shenault Jr.  64.1
    • -Laquon Treadwell  54.3
  • WR3/PR/KR Jamal Agnew  68.2
    • -Tyron Johnson      49.5
  • TE Dan Arnold    62.7
    • -Luke Farrell    47.1
    • -Chris Manhertz  60.1
    • -Jacob Hollister  50.9
  • LT Cam Robinson Q  58.1 (0 sacks)
    • -Walker Little 63.3 (2)
  • LG Andrew Norwell  75.0 (0)
  • C Tyler Shatley    57.8 (0)
  • RG Ben Bartch    66.9 (1)
  • RT Jawaan Taylor 62.7 (2)

Base 3-4 D

• LDE Malcom Brown  55.1 (1 sack)
    • -Adam Gotsis  49.8 (2)
  • NT DaVon Hamilton    60.0 (0)    
  • RDE Dawuane Smoot  76.5 (4)
    • -Roy Robertson-Harris    48.8
    • -Taven Bryan  52.3 (2)
  • WLB Josh Allen      85.6 (6)
  • LILB Damien Wilson  58.3
    • -Shaquille Quarterman    54.6
  • RILB Myles Jack  48.4
    • -Dakota Allen    56.6    
  • SLB Jihad Ward    (yes, x-Colt)  52.4
    • -K'Lavon Chaisson 57.5 (1)
  • LCB Tyson Campbell    53.2
    • -Nevin Lawson    45.6 (1 INT)
    • -Chris Claybrooks Q  35.9
  • SS Rayshawn Jenkins    66.1
    • -Daniel Thomas 61.0
  • FS Andrew Wingard    71.7 (1)
    • -Andre Cisco  55.3
  • RCB Shaquill Griffin  71.5
    • -Rudy Ford    73.3 (1)
    • -Tre Herndon  30.6

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

I would definitely take the over

Given most of our tendencies, I agree.

But I think this is also a game where we can make minor adjustments, simple stuff to our scheme, to completely shut them down.

IMO all we'd have to do is reduce the cushion on D, and they wouldn't do much on O at all.

And on O.....If we just have good balance, we should put up 28 at minimum.

We simply don't have to be cute on either side. Meat and potatoes will work Sunday. We outclass them in so many ways.

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

But I think this is also a game where we can make minor adjustments, simple stuff to our scheme, to completely shut them down.

IMO all we'd have to do is reduce the cushion on D, and they wouldn't do much on O at all.

But will Flus make those adjustments, you know he loves his 10+ yard cushion haha 

14 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

But will Flus make those adjustments, you know he loves his 10+ yard cushion haha 

Honestly, I know what we should do on both sides of the ball. I just don't have confidence we'll do the obvious things. There are enough games where we've gone against the obvious grain. 

Not running minimum 40% + giving a ton of cushion = probable bad game and/or loss.

Good balance on O, regardless of D, likely means a win.

Good balance on O, plus less cushion, likely means a blowout.

Posted the line of Colts -10.5 earlier...

Here's some betting info on both teams.

Jaguars vs. Colts Betting Trends

• The Jaguars are 4-8 against the spread (ATS) in their last 12 games
  • The UNDER is 6-1 in the Jaguar’s last seven games. 
  • The Jaguars are 10-1-1 ATS in their last 12 games against the Colts.  
  • The Colts are 5-1 ATS in their last five games. 
  • The OVER is 5-1 in the Colt’s last six games. 
  • The OVER is 4-2 in the last six games between these two teams

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Yes, we cried. Yes, we went off on the board....

But do you know how/why we lost?

we gave them way too much cushion at the end for Minshew (TD to Cole as one example) Burned over and over toward the end.  If I'm not mistaken, Rivers also threw a pick toward crunch time.  TY played tough by Henderson to close out the game on 4th down.  So you might be referring to any number of things.

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Bad is bad. 

We've proven we can lose to a very bad Jags team in the past though. 

Guess what we did in last year's loss to the Jags?

They have a better defense I believe then those other two teams. They have also won 2 out of 3. Just something I feel when I watch them is I think they are close to putting everything together.

8 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

we gave them way too much cushion at the end for Minshew (TD to Cole as one example) Burned over and over toward the end.  If I'm not mistaken, Rivers also threw a pick toward crunch time.  TY played tough by Henderson to close out the game on 4th down.  So you might be referring to any number of things.

Jax last year had the #30 ranked run D in yards per game allowed, and the #29 run D in rushing TDs allowed.

So what did we do? 46 passes, 20 runs... 30% runs... What the.... And it's not like we were down big, or playing behind. We led at the end of the 1Q, led at H. Tied at the end of 3Q.

Sound familiar?

But yes, the D gave up a ton of cushion and we got Minshew'd.... I think we allowed him to have the best game of his career.. lol.

Just horrible game plans on both sides of the ball. Microcosm of a lot of our losses. We did the similar the year before, so it's not a one off. And we've done it since. 

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

They have a better defense I believe then those other two teams. They have also won 2 out of 3. Just something I feel when I watch them is I think they are close to putting everything together.

They are bottom 10 in total yards allowed, and points allowed.

Buffalo lost to them because Buffalo chose to throw it 47 times and use their RBs only 9 times.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

They are bottom 10 in total yards allowed, and points allowed.

Buffalo lost to them because Buffalo chose to throw it 47 times and use their RBs only 9 times.

I just think they have some good pieces. And with Lawerence things should start clicking. He does need some better weapons. Like I said it’s more of just a gut feeling I have then what their stats are showing. 

On 11/10/2021 at 9:38 AM, EastStreet said:

Given most of our tendencies, I agree.

And on O.....If we just have good balance, we should put up 28 at minimum.

We simply don't have to be cute on either side. Meat and potatoes will work Sunday. We outclass them in so many ways.

The one thing i hope we don't do is go for it on 4th downs when we are in FG range. especially in the 1st quarter. we should take all points and not take chances on trying to get the 7 and walk away empty. i think this would be one of the ways the jags could win if we are too aggressive 

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I just think they have some good pieces. And with Lawerence things should start clicking. He does need some better weapons. Like I said it’s more of just a gut feeling I have then what their stats are showing. 

He has some good weapons. Great RB. Losing Chark hurt at XWR, but Jones and Shenault are good, and Agnew is proving to be pretty decent.

Purely my opinion, but the weapons aren't the problem. Lawrence just hasn't developed as quick as some thought he would. He'll be fine in time. 

12 minutes ago, ruf said:

The one thing i hope we don't do is go for it on 4th downs when we are in FG range. especially in the 1st quarter. we should take all points and not take chances on trying to get the 7 and walk away empty. i think this would be one of the ways the jags could win if we are too aggressive 

I'm fine with some early 4th down plays depending on situation. But I don't want to see Hines up the gut. And if we're 3rd and short on the 30-40, and know we're going to go for it on 4th regardless, I don't want 2 passes lol... RTDB at least once in those two downs. But if we're in easy/obvious FG range, and it's more than 3 to go on 4th, I agree, just take the damn FG.

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I feel like with a rookie QB we need to blitz him a lot. Anyone got stats on Lawerence against the blitz.  If so Eberflus better shake things up.

He's bottom 5 in both clean pocket and pressured completions %, so not sure blitzing a bunch will buy us a lot.

His problem is bad throws.... he's top 5 in both danger throws and interceptable throws. He's pretty decent in money throws though... His WRs aren't bad, but they're not great either. Bad drop rate, but not sure if that's them, or him. 

Archived