Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It Is Not Watson For The Texans

King Colt

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

#Texans coach David Culley tells reporters that Tyrod Taylor will start at QB, which confirms what appeared clear: Deshaun Watson will sit on the roster but not play.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 6, 2021

Inactive on game day voids payments?

that said, how long of a leash does Taylor get

13 hours ago, csmopar said:

Inactive on game day voids payments?

They said he will be on the roster but probably a healthy scratch during games until something changes.  He is set to make 10 million this season 

The really strange part is a few weeks ago he said he is still holding out and refusing to play for the team anyway.  He realized they dont want him in the game now and showed up to get paid for nothing, they will probably tell him to stay home for the games 

5 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

They said he will be on the roster but probably a healthy scratch during games until something changes.  He is set to make 10 million this season 

The really strange part is a few weeks ago he said he is still holding out and refusing to play for the team anyway.  He realized they dont want him in the game now and showed up to get paid for nothing, they will probably tell him to stay home for the games 

Right but some times the contract language stipulates having to be on the game day active roster to get XYZ. That’s what I don’t know in regards to Watsons contract. 

Question is, if the team is 0-5, does the management feel the pressure to throw Watson in?

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Right but some times the contract language stipulates having to be on the game day active roster to get XYZ. That’s what I don’t know in regards to Watsons contract. 

Question is, if the team is 0-5, does the management feel the pressure to throw Watson in?

Watson will be fully paid.   But Watson will not play.    Don’t think Houston wants to play him and I don’t think Watson wants to play for them.   Everyone in agreement.   

I think the only exception is if he were suddenly cleared of all 22 charges.   Otherwise……. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Base Salary he would still make. The only thing he loses is gameday bonuses. He does still get roster bonuses though

Archived