Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cjmcgirt23 Mock Draft 1.0

Round 1 Pick #1 With the first pick in the 2012 draft, the Indianapolis Colts take...Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford. Big surprise here, you gotta give me credit for making such a bold prediction to start of this mock draft. Lets see... most pro ready QB since Peyton Manning or 1983's John Elway. Great accuracy, decision making, arm, mobility, the complete package.

Round 2 Pick #34 CB Janoris Jenkins N. Alabama I think he'll reach the Patriots and if they don't take him, he'll make it to us. The Pats will be a little more interested in one of the talented LB at that spot or adding a receiver to their aging group. Jenkins seems to have developed a better attitude since transferring from Florida. He seems to want to prove that he can be a good person and be responsible. Talent-wise he is a top 15 pick, he's very good in man coverage and can shut someone down 1 on 1. He truly excels in zone coverage with his ability to read the quarterback and use his speed to jump routes. He gives us the number 1 lock down corner we've been dying for...say it with me people "No more 10 yard cushions".

Round 3 Pick #64 NT Alameda Ta'amu Washington We desperately need a NT if we have any hope of successfully switching to a hybrid 3/4 defense. He is exactly what he looks like, a big strong body who can plug holes for the defense. He needs to develop a better arsenal of pass rush and run stopping moves and skills to become a GREAT NT because he was slowed down tremendously by good offensive lines.

Round 4 Pick #96 WR Tommy Streeter Miami With all the talent at QB, WR, DE, DT, and CB this year it is extremely likely Streeter will make it to #96. Streeter is 6'5" and ran a 4.3 40 yard dash. He is a big, fast target to develop with Luck. He has the ability to stretch the field and would be a nice addition to our lineup in the slot opposite Collie.

Round 5 Pick #136 DT/NT Nick Jean-Baptiste Baylor He had a great senior bowl and would give the Colts a great rotation at NT. Imagine a D-Line of (Redding/Nevis, Ta'amu/Baptiste, Johnson/Moala[3/4]) and (Mathis, Ta'amu/Johnson, Redding/Baptiste, Freeney[4/3]), it would give us the ability to hinder the oppenents ability to run the ball against us, especially in the 3/4 front. He is like a bowling ball on defense.

Round 5 Pick #170 TE James Hanna Oklahoma "A player who needed a big Combine and came through with one was Hanna. He led all tight ends with a blistering 40 time. Hanna caught 27 passes for 281 yards and two touchdowns as a senior. One has to wonder why Hanna didn't produce more as he played in a passing-oriented offense. As a junior, Hanna hauled in 18 passes for 292 yards and seven touchdowns. He is a sleeper prospect who has flashed some potential."-Walterfootball.com

Round 6 Pick #206 FB Cody Johnson Texas "Johnson couldn't participate in an All-Star game because of an injury. He also didn't work out at the Combine. Johnson did a superb job of lead blocking in 2011. He had 48 rushes for 200 yards and six touchdowns. Johnson had one reception for four yards. In the NFL, he should have the ability to contribute as a short-yardage back in power formations while also being a starting fullback."-Walterfootball.com

Round 7 Pick #208 ILB Adrien Cole Louisiana Tech "Cole was the WAC Defensive Player of the Year. He had 128 tackles with 13 tackles for a loss, two sacks, one forced fumble, one interception and three blocked kicks in 2011. Cole had a good game against Mississippi State. He could be a sleeper prospect who surprises. Cole did not participate in the Combine or a major All-Star game."-Walterfootball.com

Round 7 Pick #214 CB Justin Bethel Presbyterian College "Bethel ran pretty well at the Combine, but looked a little stiff in the field drills. He has some tools to work with, but will require some developmental time. Bethel held his own at the East-West Shrine against better competition. He led his team in tackles with 88 and also recorded four interceptions with six passes broken up this season. Bethel could be worth a late-round pick."-Walterfootball.com

Round 7 Pick #253 WR Griff Whalen Stanford When I look at Griff Whalen I see Austin Collie. Luck makes Whalen look great because they have great communication.

No 3/4 OLB's because we seem to be content with what we have in Mathis, Freeney, Connor, Hughes, Mario Addison, Brandon Peguese, Justin Hickman, and Mario Harvey. No O-Lineman because I believe we are content there with the moves we made and I think we'll find 1 or 2 UFA to come in and fill a spot on the Roster.

Round 1 Pick #1 With the first pick in the 2012 draft, the Indianapolis Colts take...Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford. Big surprise here, you gotta give me credit for making such a bold prediction to start of this mock draft. Lets see... most pro ready QB since Peyton Manning or 1983's John Elway. Great accuracy, decision making, arm, mobility, the complete package.

Round 2 Pick #34 CB Janoris Jenkins N. Alabama I think he'll reach the Patriots and if they don't take him, he'll make it to us. The Pats will be a little more interested in one of the talented LB at that spot or adding a receiver to their aging group. Jenkins seems to have developed a better attitude since transferring from Florida. He seems to want to prove that he can be a good person and be responsible. Talent-wise he is a top 15 pick, he's very good in man coverage and can shut someone down 1 on 1. He truly excels in zone coverage with his ability to read the quarterback and use his speed to jump routes. He gives us the number 1 lock down corner we've been dying for...say it with me people "No more 10 yard cushions".

Round 3 Pick #64 NT Alameda Ta'amu Washington We desperately need a NT if we have any hope of successfully switching to a hybrid 3/4 defense. He is exactly what he looks like, a big strong body who can plug holes for the defense. He needs to develop a better arsenal of pass rush and run stopping moves and skills to become a GREAT NT because he was slowed down tremendously by good offensive lines.

Round 4 Pick #96 WR Tommy Streeter Miami With all the talent at QB, WR, DE, DT, and CB this year it is extremely likely Streeter will make it to #96. Streeter is 6'5" and ran a 4.3 40 yard dash. He is a big, fast target to develop with Luck. He has the ability to stretch the field and would be a nice addition to our lineup in the slot opposite Collie.

Round 5 Pick #136 DT/NT Nick Jean-Baptiste Baylor He had a great senior bowl and would give the Colts a great rotation at NT. Imagine a D-Line of (Redding/Nevis, Ta'amu/Baptiste, Johnson/Moala[3/4]) and (Mathis, Ta'amu/Johnson, Redding/Baptiste, Freeney[4/3]), it would give us the ability to hinder the oppenents ability to run the ball against us, especially in the 3/4 front. He is like a bowling ball on defense.

Round 5 Pick #170 TE James Hanna Oklahoma "A player who needed a big Combine and came through with one was Hanna. He led all tight ends with a blistering 40 time. Hanna caught 27 passes for 281 yards and two touchdowns as a senior. One has to wonder why Hanna didn't produce more as he played in a passing-oriented offense. As a junior, Hanna hauled in 18 passes for 292 yards and seven touchdowns. He is a sleeper prospect who has flashed some potential."-Walterfootball.com

Round 6 Pick #206 FB Cody Johnson Texas "Johnson couldn't participate in an All-Star game because of an injury. He also didn't work out at the Combine. Johnson did a superb job of lead blocking in 2011. He had 48 rushes for 200 yards and six touchdowns. Johnson had one reception for four yards. In the NFL, he should have the ability to contribute as a short-yardage back in power formations while also being a starting fullback."-Walterfootball.com

Round 7 Pick #208 ILB Adrien Cole Louisiana Tech "Cole was the WAC Defensive Player of the Year. He had 128 tackles with 13 tackles for a loss, two sacks, one forced fumble, one interception and three blocked kicks in 2011. Cole had a good game against Mississippi State. He could be a sleeper prospect who surprises. Cole did not participate in the Combine or a major All-Star game."-Walterfootball.com

Round 7 Pick #214 CB Justin Bethel Presbyterian College "Bethel ran pretty well at the Combine, but looked a little stiff in the field drills. He has some tools to work with, but will require some developmental time. Bethel held his own at the East-West Shrine against better competition. He led his team in tackles with 88 and also recorded four interceptions with six passes broken up this season. Bethel could be worth a late-round pick."-Walterfootball.com

Round 7 Pick #253 WR Griff Whalen Stanford When I look at Griff Whalen I see Austin Collie. Luck makes Whalen look great because they have great communication.

No 3/4 OLB's because we seem to be content with what we have in Mathis, Freeney, Connor, Hughes, Mario Addison, Brandon Peguese, Justin Hickman, and Mario Harvey. No O-Lineman because I believe we are content there with the moves we made and I think we'll find 1 or 2 UFA to come in and fill a spot on the Roster.

a solid draft that would be but I would go with Stephon Gilmore if he falls to the second round, But I like your selections as well

I would be super happy if Janoris Jenkins did NOT come to Indy. I can guarantee you he won't. Irsay has never been one to let a player with a troubled past come to Indy. Jenkins is immature, has a history of drug arrests, failed drug tests, bar fights, father of 4 children by 3 different women and he just fired his agent before the draft. Call me crazy...but I don't want to spend a 2nd round pick on that guy.

I think the FB Cody Johnson would be a great pickup in the new offense we will be running. Plus i like Jeffery at 2nd Round more then anyone there. I think hes a top 2 WR in the draft just have to get the most out of him. Would give Luck a tall deep threat for years to grow with and throw too.

I really like this draft in general, nicely done.

Gavin; Gilmore is gonna be Top 20/25, I'd give up on him now, unfortunately.

your probably right but stranger things have happened I see him going to

20-Titans or

21-Bengals

23-Lions or

26-Texans-But I see them going linebacker

all of which need Corners epecially the Titans and Lions, the Titans lost Finnegan

3rd round is where we should get Ta'amu, I dont think he impressed to many people in the combine especially compared with Poe so I am sure he will last at least till the 3rd and probably into the fourth if we dont take him in the third , I also would have liked to see Baptiste their