Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South about to get interesting?

LJpalmbeacher2

11 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

He's coming out BUT may pull an Eli and refuse to play for Jville (Franchise is in shambles) forcing them to trade for multiple compensation and they will be offered the sun and the moon for him.

i doubt it, they are not much worse than typical number one teams.  they need a QB, so enter TL.  the trade price would be astronomical and those have not worked out well in the past.  the trade for eli wasnt that big, only 1 first in the deal

trevor is from the area too

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For his career, I would say very good but not great so there is a difference but he was injured a lot. He was great from 2012-2014 IMO. He just didn't have a Line then or run game. 

he probably had the talent to be one of the best QBs ever, he made more mistakes than Brady, manning and rogers though.  very good is probably fair, top 3-5 QB in the league when he was healthy

On 12/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Jags have the First Overall Pick and are highly expected to use it on Trevor  Lawrence, the Best QB prospect  since Peyton Manning may add another high profile face with a deep resume. 

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/pro/2020/12/27/urban-meyer-eyeing-jacksonville-jaguars-sources-say/stories/20201227101

I find it funny when scouts say Lawrence is the best prospect since Luck and Manning. Yes Luck was touted  as a generational talent. There was a minority that felt Griffin was better.  I dont beleive there was a second thought given by Irsay as to who he was going to pick. Now Manning. I think his draft stock gets over rated. There was a lot of disagreement on who to pick, Leaf or Manning. I dont think it was a slam dunk on who the Colts were going to pick once the college season was over.

5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Is there any chance if Urban Meyer goes to Jaguars he convinces the GM to drafts Fields 

I was thinking about that. It would be odd and kind of sad for him to pick Lawrence but I bet he still would. Either way, wow kind of scary as a Colts fan. The best QB prospect since luck and one of the best college coaches. It's no guarantee for success, but it's a bigger deal than guys like Blake Bortles or Gus Bradley. I definitely could see our division being the best in the league in a couple years. As long as the Colts QB situation after Rivers is good.

Archived