Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South about to get interesting?

LJpalmbeacher2

32 minutes ago, w87r said:

Here's to hoping he stays put for another year.

19 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Here here! Though he did participate in senior festivities this past month, so we’ll see... 

16 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i would laugh like crazy if he stays put:lol:

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/picture-gallery/news/2020/12/17/clemsons-trevor-lawrence-gets-diploma-fall-2020-graduating-class/3945881001/

I believe he graduated earlier this month, I don't think staying at Clemson is an option for him anymore.

7 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/picture-gallery/news/2020/12/17/clemsons-trevor-lawrence-gets-diploma-fall-2020-graduating-class/3945881001/

I believe he graduated earlier this month, I don't think staying at Clemson is an option for him anymore.

He can stay if he wants to, he still has eligibility left. Whether he does or not is a different story.

But its not a matter of he can't.

3 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

as W87r said he can, he could go get his master's. He has only been in college for 2.5 years

This was from Oct. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30203144/clemson-tigers-qb-trevor-lawrence-hints-staying-senior-season-rather-opting-nfl-draft

I wonder if the likelihood of going to Jacksonville vice NYJ will prompt him to declare and "go pro". Staying in school for another year definitely has it's risks, not only potential injury but if he stays as the top prospect, who knows where he'll end up getting drafted to (Bears, Jets, Lions, Broncos, Washington, Jags are all possibilities)

7 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I wonder if the likelihood of going to Jacksonville vice NYJ will prompt him to declare and "go pro". Staying in school for another year definitely has it's risks, not only potential injury but if he stays as the top prospect, who knows where he'll end up getting drafted to (Bears, Jets, Lions, Broncos, Washington, Jags are all possibilities)

Or we unexplainable IR Phillip Rivers on a supposed neck injury, trade away Brissett, and let Eason play out the year so we get the #1 pick.

Deja Vu

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Or we unexplainable IR Phillip Rivers on a supposed neck injury, trade away Brissett, and let Eason play out the year so we get the #1 pick.

Deja Vu

Not gonna spend 20 plus million on Philip to "ir" him.   JB won't be here,  so we can't trade him.   

10 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I hope Clemson and Alabama play for the championship. And the Tigers are down 6 driving with under 2 mins. Then Trevor accidently trips and fumbles the ball at the 1 yard line, ending their hopes at a championship. How in the world could he leave after that?! :lol:

Because he already won a NC last year

there just are not many good reasons why Trevor would go back to school now.  he graduated and has a Championship

The Jaguars are not much worse than a typical team picking #1 and they are close to where he grew up.  Hes probably going to declare 

On 12/28/2020 at 6:32 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

he is the best prospect since Luck just cause he retired early doesn't make his hype any less than it really was. Luck was called the best prospect since Manning so how could Lawrence be the best since Manning when Luck was in between them.

This topic isn't about luck but luck wasn't even the best QB in his draft class as it turned out. And a case could be made that Cousins is 2nd best? What luck was was Overhyped,  as was RG3. 

Anyway, our division is getting interesting to say the least.

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Not gonna spend 20 plus million on Philip to "ir" him.   JB won't be here,  so we can't trade him.   

It was a joke,  harkening back to 2011 when we released peyton, IR'd Collins, and had Painter finish the season.  Leading to us drafting Luck.

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

This topic isn't about luck but luck wasn't even the best QB in his draft class as it turned out. And a case could be made that Cousins is 2nd best? What luck was was Overhyped,  as was RG3. 

Because Wilson is still in the league and has proven he is a franchise QB now, he was the best of that class but Luck was still 2nd easily. I like Cousins but no, he isn't Andrew Luck. Luck is better.

He's definitely coming out. Can't pass up that kind of cash, although Jax makes it harder than it should be :).

Although I'd hate it if he's great because it hurts my team, it just makes us have to keep pace and draft well and develop guys too compete. If not then we become the Jags of the division.

5 hours ago, IinD said:

He's definitely coming out. Can't pass up that kind of cash, although Jax makes it harder than it should be :).

Although I'd hate it if he's great because it hurts my team, it just makes us have to keep pace and draft well and develop guys too compete. If not then we become the Jags of the division.

Our time will come sooner or later :(

2 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Our time will come sooner or later :(

Just gotta hope you bottom out at the right time if you know what I mean.

Getting a top 10 pick in a crappy QB class happens all the time unfortunately. 

For now, I'm cool with retreads for a few years (Ryan,Stafford, Rivers types).

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because Wilson is still in the league and has proven he is a franchise QB now, he was the best of that class but Luck was still 2nd easily. I like Cousins but no, he isn't Andrew Luck. Luck is better.

Just because someone is still in the league,  doesn't mean they're better, especially since luck retired. 

They're different QBs. Wilson relied on a better defense to win his championship. 

On 12/29/2020 at 8:08 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

what a terrible post just wow 

9 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Just because someone is still in the league,  doesn't mean they're better, especially since luck retired. 

They're different QBs. Wilson relied on a better defense to win his championship. 

I actually agree with this somewhat because Luck at his peak 2012-2014 I would rather have had and I agree when Wilson won his SB he had a stacked D and Lynch running the ball. My point with Wilson, he grew since then and has put up solid numbers and has carried the Seahawks a lot the last few years. Also he has played longer, it is unfortunate Luck retired early.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:13 AM, IinD said:

Man,  who wants to be Just Abunch of Guys of the division... hopefully not us!!!

54 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

trevor lawarence has bust written all over him .  To much hype , i dont buy any hype until i see them play in the nfl . 

i dont see it that way at all.  he might be a little over hyped but that wont make him a bust.  Luck was probably over hyped a bit, he would have needed super bowl wins to live up to that hype train 

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont see it that way at all.  he might be a little over hyped but that wont make him a bust.  Luck was probably over hyped a bit, he would have needed super bowl wins to live up to that hype train 

Luck was great for 3 years (2012-2014) and was great in 2018, he just was to beat up by the time Ballard took over. Trevor has a chance to be great but the team he is going too could ruin him. Look at Burrow, already a massive leg injury.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck was great for 3 years (2012-2014) and was great in 2018, he just was to beat up by the time Ballard took over. Trevor has a chance to be great but the team he is going too could ruin him. Look at Burrow, already a massive leg injury.

Luck was good but the hype for him coming out of college was pretty huge.  i dont think ive seen anything like that for another nfl player.  

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Luck was good but the hype for him coming out of college was pretty huge.  i dont think ive seen anything like that for another nfl player.  

For his career, I would say very good but not great so there is a difference but he was injured a lot. He was great from 2012-2014 IMO. He just didn't have a Line then or run game. 

On 12/30/2020 at 12:51 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tannehill  was from that class to

Archived