Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South about to get interesting?

11 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

He's coming out BUT may pull an Eli and refuse to play for Jville (Franchise is in shambles) forcing them to trade for multiple compensation and they will be offered the sun and the moon for him.

i doubt it, they are not much worse than typical number one teams.  they need a QB, so enter TL.  the trade price would be astronomical and those have not worked out well in the past.  the trade for eli wasnt that big, only 1 first in the deal

trevor is from the area too

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For his career, I would say very good but not great so there is a difference but he was injured a lot. He was great from 2012-2014 IMO. He just didn't have a Line then or run game. 

he probably had the talent to be one of the best QBs ever, he made more mistakes than Brady, manning and rogers though.  very good is probably fair, top 3-5 QB in the league when he was healthy

On 12/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Jags have the First Overall Pick and are highly expected to use it on Trevor  Lawrence, the Best QB prospect  since Peyton Manning may add another high profile face with a deep resume. 

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/pro/2020/12/27/urban-meyer-eyeing-jacksonville-jaguars-sources-say/stories/20201227101

I find it funny when scouts say Lawrence is the best prospect since Luck and Manning. Yes Luck was touted  as a generational talent. There was a minority that felt Griffin was better.  I dont beleive there was a second thought given by Irsay as to who he was going to pick. Now Manning. I think his draft stock gets over rated. There was a lot of disagreement on who to pick, Leaf or Manning. I dont think it was a slam dunk on who the Colts were going to pick once the college season was over.

5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Is there any chance if Urban Meyer goes to Jaguars he convinces the GM to drafts Fields 

I was thinking about that. It would be odd and kind of sad for him to pick Lawrence but I bet he still would. Either way, wow kind of scary as a Colts fan. The best QB prospect since luck and one of the best college coaches. It's no guarantee for success, but it's a bigger deal than guys like Blake Bortles or Gus Bradley. I definitely could see our division being the best in the league in a couple years. As long as the Colts QB situation after Rivers is good.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I was exited about this draft.  PFF not so much.  Quality over quantity with this one.  
    • There IS another possibility. Let’s say your scenario plays out just as suggested:  the Colts draft a LT who isn’t quite ready ( 2nd rounder ); Tevi opens the season as the starter; BUT, Tevi proves to be a turnstile. What to do? Big Q to the rescue. In a pinch, why not? You do it until your rookie is ready for the full time job and fill in at LG with one of the backups like Pinter. The opposition to moving Q to LT is far less convincing if Plan A has bombed. 
    • That is why he wants to leave, you are making it about something else.  You are the one out in left field here   The coaching situation is one small part of this, not the whole story by a long shot The coach they hired is black , it isn't about race
    • Well if you are going to use stats to make a point, yes it is important how they are measured. So now that you aren't using them I'm guessing my point on separation stat was true.   -My last post on the subject
    • I'm thinking the reason these Watson topics get locked is because the conversation starts veering into opinions about matters that are not relevant.  In this case, what Easterby is or isn't, and therefore by extension what HOU is or isn't by their employment of him.  Your opinion is determined by whatever lens you own, not proven facts.  Apparently, the locker room and NFL have a diverse set of lenses whereby some things are bigger deals to some players and not such a big deal to others.   It seems some support Watson holding out for a trade because their lens shows them that HOU is bad for the reasons of Easterby and McNair.    So they are supporting Watson holding out for a trade, but, its for different reason than Watson has expressed.   That's why I was wondering why irrelevant topics are being brought into a discussion about Watson and the reasons motivating a trade.  His reasons need to be understood because they would carry on to another owner.  Its not about the reasons we think he should want one, or the reasons why JJWatt thinks he should want one.    Watson's reasons are clearly about EB.  And if Watson is linking Bienemy to a violation of the Rooney Rule, the Rooney Rule has been around for about 15 years and the Texans have complied.  Its almost like he's taken a 3 minute look at the EB situation and expressed a public hot take conclusion without even knowing the Texans record of complying with the Rooney Rule.            
  • Members

• ClaytonColt

ClaytonColt 288

• masters1

masters1 33

• stitches

stitches 8,376

• CoachLite

CoachLite 415

• BluesGirl

BluesGirl 274

• PureLuck