Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 Titans at Colts Matchup Info

EastStreet

Notes/Comments - 

1. Just by pure abundance of GREEN below, advantage Colts
  2. The Titan D is just not that good. Their pass D is pretty bad.
  3. Our O is trending up. Only one punt for us in game 1, which was at the end of the game.
  4. The only strong advantage the Titans have is their RZ O (6th) vs our RZ D (18th). We're mediocre, and they are top 10.
  5. Too early for anything meaningful from the injury report for either team. I'll update tomorrow once the league is back at work. Titans do have 5 starters on O (2 WRs, 3 OL) banged up, and 1 starter on D (CB). Bottom line, we need our O healthy and good to go, more than our D.

Keys to the game - 

1. Don't get too cute with the game plan. 
  2. We won two weeks ago by passing, and rushing the edge. 
  3. We had little success up the gut early, but made adjustments late and had more luck hitting the edge. Start with some edge runs this week, and also spread things out a little more, which will loosen things up in the middle. 
  4. No need to change a lot in passing game. Rivers was 300+ and 74% completion rate. Their pass D is bottom 10. They don't get a lot of pressures, sacks, etc. No need to be risky, just lots of high % passes and an occasional shot to make the defend the entire field. Pittman could have another big game.
  5. We let Henry run for about his average YPG, but his AVG was up a decent amount. Need to do better vs him. 
  6. Our D didn't show up till the 2nd half vs them, or last week either. Need a better game plan this weekend, and quicker adjustments. I have a feeling they might throw more this week.
  7. Biggest thing is to play with the lead, and win the ToP battle. Don't be overly conservative on O.

Green - significant advantage  (8 or more spots)

Red - significant disadvantage (8 or more spots)

Colts O vs Titans D
Points/PG: 10th vs 18th
Total Yards/PG: 13th vs 25th
Passing Yards/PG: 10th vs 27th
Rushing Yards/PG: 19th vs 20th
3rd Down %: 29th vs 32nd
RZ % (TD): 25th vs 25th
Sack %: 1st vs 30th
Pressure %: 2nd vs 32nd 
INT % thrown vs % INT'd: 17th vs 11th
Time of *: 9th vs 29th

Colts D vs Titans O
Points/PG: 5th vs 9th 
Total Yards/PG: 2nd vs 10th
Passing Yards/PG:  4th vs 23rd
Rushing Yards/PG: 3rd vs 5th
3rd Down %: 14th vs 10th
RZ % (TD) : 18th vs 6th
Sack %: 12th vs 9th
Pressure %: 16th vs 20th
% INT'd vs INT % thrown: 3rd vs 5th

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's a division game.   Throw most of that out the window.  They have already played against each other this year.   

meh. I don't see their D doing any better. 

Our D wasn't great 2 weeks ago, so nothing would surprise me this week.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Exactly.    In division games previous stats don't matter

I don't really agree. Unless Reich substantially changes the game plan (he'd be silly to given the weakness of TN), we should be fine unless individuals just sheet the bed. It's just like any other game. And TN's O will likely rely on their strengths as well. 

Injuries/covid could play a part, but that's not really "division" game impact.

They lost their leading tackler for the season in J Brown and their left tackle position was bad already because Lewan went down for the season several weeks back BUT now they even lost his backup Ty Sambrailo so pulling their practice squad LT David Quesenberry to start he has in 7 years in NFL played 12 games with zero starts.....feeling a lot of pressure and multiple sacks coming. 

Archived