Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watched every game I could find of Love, Eason, Fromm and Gordon

23 hours ago, Gigc said:

I'm still very very eager to see Fromm throw. I really think he's got more arm strength than he's getting credit for. just watched a video of Chris Simms interviewing him and Fromm said he really developed his throwing from playing baseball, winging it without stepping through. you can see that when he's playing. 

another thought. go back and look at his 2018 tape when he had receivers he was more comfortable with verus his 2019 tape. he got off a lot of deep throws, with a lot of accuracy.

Also, Simms asked him who he patterned himself after. said he watched Peyton, Brady, others, but tried to emulate Brees. I swear i see a lot of him in there.

did go back and watch more Eason. he definitely seemed to get the yips a bit under pressure and he's gotta ditch that reverse spin move to get out of trouble.

however, he's another guy who hasn't had a ton of reps under fire. I still think he's really interesting too.

i love watching Gordon play, but I think he needs a lot of refinement. Also want to see him throw against the others. i think he leads guys and anticipates incredibly well, but i'm not sure some of those throws work against NFL windows. 

like that TD pass he threw in the Senior Bowl. that was a RIDICULOUS throw. Most coaches would bench a dude for that, but he pulled it off.

I saw that talk with Simms, it was one of the reasons why I thought I would look further at him.  Since I don't think the Colts have a chance at Burrow (and I'm not a fan of Tua), I like Herbert and Fromm the most.

As far as Gordon, I don't think coaches would bench him for that throw in the senior bowl.  Isn't that what coaches want, someone who can place the ball perfectly even if their body is not set properly and that is exactly what that was.  But like I said in my original post, assuming he's a hard worker and works to improve his footwork and mechanics, he is 2 years away from being a viable NFL QB.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I saw that talk with Simms, it was one of the reasons why I thought I would look further at him.  Since I don't think the Colts have a chance at Burrow (and I'm not a fan of Tua), I like Herbert and Fromm the most.

As far as Gordon, I don't think coaches would bench him for that throw in the senior bowl.  Isn't that what coaches want, someone who can place the ball perfectly even if their body is not set properly and that is exactly what that was.  But like I said in my original post, assuming he's a hard worker and works to improve his footwork and mechanics, he is 2 years away from being a viable NFL QB.

I don't know :) That throw looked like he was falling out of a car!