Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quarterback combos for 2020

Quarterback combo for 2020 season  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Quarterback combo do you want to see on this team next season?

• Phillip Rivers and Jordan Love
    • Andy Dalton and Jordan Love
    • Jacoby Brissett and Jordan Love
    • Derek Carr and Anthony Gordon
    • Other Quarterback combo.

There is no question about it. The number one issue of the Colts this offseason is the Quarterback position. Even though Ballard said "Jacoby is our guy" the other words were "right now." Derek Carr will cost a 2nd round pick for sure, Rivers has aged, Dalton still has a lot left, and Jacoby is an uncertain at this point. Jordan Love seems to be on everyone's radar and rightfully so. The kid has great upside, the interceptions are an issue, but I love the talent. What you guys think?

I voted Love and Brissett. I could be on board with Carr and Gordon. Gordon could sit while Carr finished his contract. Not sure we would want to sit a first round pick more then a year.

There is another interesting combo not listed. We could get Carr and Kelly backup him up and groom Kelly to play in a couple years. He is young. Even though  we laugh at Kelly sometimes that could work.

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

I vote Love and Rivers, so long as we don’t spend 13 on Love and instead trade up from 34 for him. If not Rivers, then Brissett, and if not Love then Eason

It's hard for me to believe Love will make it past the Saints and Patriots in the 20s. Ballard could trade back with the Eagles or Bills to get Love then. Eagles need a Cornerback more than anything so that leaves the Bills. The Bills need a number 1 receiver, and Jerry Jeudy isn't going to fall to the 20s. Bills could trade up and snatch Jeudy at 13 and we take their 22nd pick and get Love then. 

2 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

It's hard for me to believe Love will make it past the Saints and Patriots in the 20s. Ballard could trade back with the Eagles or Bills to get Love then. Eagles need a Cornerback more than anything so that leaves the Bills. The Bills need a number 1 receiver, and Jerry Jeudy isn't going to fall to the 20s. Bills could trade up and snatch Jeudy at 13 and we take their 22nd pick and get Love then. 

My favorite idea is to trade picks 34 and our 3rd to the Bills for 22 to leapfrog the Pats and Saints there. The value is about even according to the pick value chart

Carr/Gordon here.  I do NOT concur that Carr would require a 2nd.  He's not one of the "elite" guys, but is still very good.  I think a 3rd and maybe a mid-round next year or possibly a 4th or 5th and exchange Brissett.  IF the Raiders are truly letting him go then they will already have someone else at the helm so they wouldn't be that worried about it.  Brissett could provide them the backup.  Reports are Gruden is tired of Carr anyway.  Gordon would be a nice upside player that you wouldn't have to spend a high pick on and let him develop behind Carr.  If he doesn't pan out, you didn't spend that much.  Love would not bother me as long as it isn't at 13.

Wildcard:  Keep an eye on the Stafford situation in Detroit.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Carr/Gordon here.  I do NOT concur that Carr would require a 2nd.  He's not one of the "elite" guys, but is still very good.  I think a 3rd and maybe a mid-round next year or possibly a 4th or 5th and exchange Brissett.  IF the Raiders are truly letting him go then they will already have someone else at the helm so they wouldn't be that worried about it.  Brissett could provide them the backup.  Reports are Gruden is tired of Carr anyway.  Gordon would be a nice upside player that you wouldn't have to spend a high pick on and let him develop behind Carr.  If he doesn't pan out, you didn't spend that much.  Love would not bother me as long as it isn't at 13.

Wildcard:  Keep an eye on the Stafford situation in Detroit.

Agree about Stafford . I've been saying this for a while now.  I'd rather have him than any of the other FA's and any of the draft choices other than Burrows, and that one is a toss up.     

• Like 1

The more tape I watch on Gordon the more I am impressed with his play. Its a proven fact, successful Quarterbacks have been drafted in the later rounds. Montana, Brady, and Unitas are examples of this. Also, there is no pressure for him right away, we would have Carr at QB. 

I'm wondering how Ballard values this class of Quarterbacks and how he sees the Quarterbacks in this class not named Herbert, Tua, or Burrow. Love (turnover issues), Eason (work ethic questions and lack of leadership), Fromm (Doesn't wow you with plays doesn't have a strong arm). 

On 2/7/2020 at 5:58 PM, DownHillRunner said:

If the Saints or Pats really want Love like some of you think, why would they wait that long to pick their new franchise QB? Wouldn’t they jump in front of our 13th pick? Heck, most of you think we should move up to get him. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, LockeDown said:

If the Saints or Pats really want Love like some of you think, why would they wait that long to pick their new franchise QB? Wouldn’t they jump in front of our 13th pick? Heck, most of you think we should move up to get him. 

Because that makes too much sense 

• Like 1