Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After Ballard's end of season press conf

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

There’s only 2 starter caliber 3Ts in this draft; Brown and Kinlaw

All the rest of the prospects are true 1T’s. I liked Marvin Wilson but he went back to school. So you basically have to get a 3T at 13 or you miss out. That’s why I think the pick at 13 is either Kinlaw or a QB.

That sounds logical.  Next question would be about individual players.

At 13:

Herbert over Kinlaw?  Yes.

Eason over Kinlaw? Maybe.

Love over Kinlaw?  Maybe.

Any other QB would be taken at 34 or below.  Possibly trade up back into the bottom of the first for Eason or Love.

28 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That sounds logical.  Next question would be about individual players.

At 13:

Herbert over Kinlaw?  Yes.

Eason over Kinlaw? Maybe.

Love over Kinlaw?  Maybe.

Any other QB would be taken at 34 or below.  Possibly trade up back into the bottom of the first for Eason or Love.

Herbert you have to think they’d take in a heart beat. He fits the culture and has the things Ballard looks for when drafting (No off the field issue, good academics, etc...).

Love? I said he’s going in the first awhile back. But Tua has emerged and then there’s the marijuana thing. Not sure I’d take him over Kinlaw. Maybe you trade back into the 1st for him. You have think what’s more appealing:

-Possibly getting Herbert but missing on a 3T

-Getting Kinlaw And Love but missing on Herbert

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Herbert you have to think they’d take in a heart beat. He fits the culture and has the things Ballard looks for when drafting (No off the field issue, good academics, etc...).

Love? I said he’s going in the first awhile back. But Tua has emerged and then there’s the marijuana thing. Not sure I’d take him over Kinlaw. Maybe you trade back into the 1st for him. You have think what’s more appealing:

-Possibly getting Herbert but missing on a 3T

-Getting Kinlaw And Love but missing on Herbert

I don't know if the pot thing matters that much.  He was supposedly in his room with other buddies smoking.  Back in the day, we'd get together in somebody's room and sneak a few beers, and today I think young people think of pot as like beer to a degree.

I'm old school.  I still associate pot with a work ethic.  Combine that broad brush with why such a great talent is at such a small school like Utah State, and I'd want to check out his work ethic and dedication if I was GM.  As a fan, I'm in no position to answer those questions, just raise them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know if the pot thing matters that much.  He was supposedly in his room with other buddies smoking.  Back in the day, we'd get together in somebody's room and sneak a few beers, and today I think young people think of pot as like beer to a degree.

I'm old school.  I still associate pot with a work ethic.  Combine that broad brush with why such a great talent is at such a small school like Utah State, and I'd want to check out his work ethic and dedication if I was GM.  As a fan, I'm in no position to answer those questions, just raise them.

I can go find the articles but everything I am reading says he has great work ethic. Seems he submerges himself in football. His family even hired a private QB coach when he was a teenager to help him with his craft.

If they think their QB is their at 13 and he has a first round grade there is no question you take the QB.  No matter who is still there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can go find the articles but everything I am reading says he has great work ethic. Seems he submerges himself in football. His family even hired a private QB coach when he was a teenager to help him with his craft.

If they think their QB is their at 13 and he has a first round grade there is no question you take the QB.  No matter who is still there.

So you seem to have hopped on the Love train.

Any revelations as to why he went to and/or stayed at Utah State if he is such a great prospect.  I mean his history.

I know Josh Allen went to Wyoming and Wentz to ND State, but they were late bloomers? (and kind of erratic anyway)