Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft From My Blog

Please keep in mind that this does not include any compensatory draft picks, or reflect any trading that the Colts might do, up, or down. The reason for multiple names on every pick (with the exception of Round 1) is that the player of preferred choice may or may not be available by the time the Colts are again on the clock. If there are any questions as to why I selected as I did, please leave a comment here or send a message to me and I will address it at a later date. (That is, if I can answer it. If not---I'll just ignore you! :) )

With that said, here we go!

Round 1: Pick 1: Andrew Luck (QB---Stanford)

Round 2: Pick 34: Dre Kirkpatrick (CB---Alabama), Stephen Gilmore (CB---South Carolina), Janoris Jenkins (CB---North Alabama)

Round 3: Pick 65: Peter Konz (C---Wisconsin), Phillip Blake (C---Baylor)

Round 4: Pick 97: Alameda Ta’amu (DT---Washington), Brandon Taylor, (FS---LSU), Derek Wolfe (DE/DT---Cincinnati)

Round 5: Pick 128: Shea McClellin (OLB---Boise State), Cordarro Law (OLB---Southern Miss)

Round 6: Pick 175*: Jarius Wright (WR---Arkansas), Derek Moye, (WR---Penn State)

Round 7: Pick 192: Randy Bullock (K---Texas A&M), Chase Ford (TE---Miami)

*Reflecting Trade With Eagles

My blog is located here: http://forums.colts....ing-last-night/

Luck

---Height: 6-4

---Weight: 234

--- 40 Speed: 4.67

Kirkpatrick

---Height: 6-2

---Weight: 186

--- 40 Speed: 4.46

Gilmore

---Height: 6-0

---Weight: 190

--- 40 Speed: 4.44

Jenkins

---Height: 5-10

---Weight: 193

--- 40 Speed: 4.44

Konz

---Height: 6-5

---Weight: 314

--- 40 Speed: 5.58*

Blake

---Height: 6-3

---Weight: 311

--- 40 Speed: 5.25

Ta'amu

---Weight: 348

--- 40 Speed: 5.34

Taylor

---Height: 5-11

---Weight: 209

--- 40 Speed: 4.50

Wolfe

---Height: 6-5

---Weight: 295

--- 40 Speed: 4.94

McClellin

---Weight: 248

--- 40 Speed: 4.77*

Law

---Height: 6-2

---Weight: 261

--- 40 Speed: 4.64*

Wright

---Height: 5-10

---Weight: 182

--- 40 Speed: 4.42

Moye

---Height: 6-4

---Weight: 209

--- 40 Speed: 4.52

Bullock

---Height: 5-9

---Weight: 212

Ford

---Height: 6-6

---Weight: 258

--- 40 Speed: 4.69*

*DNP in combine drills, so listed speed is projected speed.

if the draft experts r correct peter konz is a low 1st high 2nd round pick.
Konz won't make it out of the first.

And that's why Blake is there.

Also, the Colts need a CB worse than they need a center, so I figured why waist a 2nd rounder on a center and miss out on the excellent cornerback class. Still, center is a need, so if Blake is still there in the first pick of the third, he is a must-take.

there are other needs more important than center, for example wide receiver or nose tackle

They are addressed appropriately as well.

An offensive line is key to a team's running game and passing game, in short, they are the key to a good offense. Right now is the time to draft a good offensive player in a high round to eventually or immediately replace Jeff Saturday. Blake, the center from Baylor, is a good run blocking center and is sure to have a major impact on the Colts future running game.

Defensive tackle is addressed in the following round, and there are still two quality players available in Alameda Ta’amu and Derek Wolfe.

Wide receiver is pretty much set at this point with Wayne and Collie. I do still draft a talented and speedy slot receiver though in round 6. With the new-found emphasis of the Colts sure to be on the running game, a three receiver set will not be used as often, but with these players, we would have a talented corps.