Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adrian Phillips anyone?

I've been doing a little research on this guy. He's still 26. Had a breakout year for the Chargers. Played well as their SS last year. Strong special teams player. Seems to be an ascending talent. 

Could this be the sleeper safety the Colts sign in free agency? They need one. 

• Like 3

Phillips was on Superman's FA Mock....    so he's on my radar....

And if we don't bring Geathers,  he'd be my front runner to replace him....   I think the other options have been signed....    unless we're going for the super inexpensive, modest 1-year deal situation with the Tre Boston's of the world.     (Though we may have offended him so badly last year that he might not want anything to do with us this year...?)    Just saying...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Phillips was on Superman's FA Mock....    so he's on my radar....

And if we don't bring Geathers,  he'd be my front runner to replace him....   I think the other options have been signed....    unless we're going for the super inexpensive, modest 1-year deal situation with the Tre Boston's of the world.     (Though we may have offended him so badly last year that he might not want anything to do with us this year...?)    Just saying...

I wonder why the Colts couldn't sign both Phillips and Geathers. Phillips on maybe a 3 year deal and Geathers on a 1 year "lets see you stay healthy" deal. With the frequency that the team has 3 safeties on the field, it would work. And the depth would be much improved as well. 

26 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I wonder why the Colts couldn't sign both Phillips and Geathers. Phillips on maybe a 3 year deal and Geathers on a 1 year "lets see you stay healthy" deal. With the frequency that the team has 3 safeties on the field, it would work. And the depth would be much improved as well. 

It might be awkward to have Phillips on a 3-year deal while Geathers is forced to take a 1-year deal.    

Who is starting?  Who is the 3rd safety?   The chemistry might not be good.  

I think if we bring in Phillips, it’s because Geathers has signed elsewhere. 

Could be. I just feel like the team can’t trust Geathers to stay on the field. They love him but he’s injury prone as we know. Hedging their bet with Phillips makes sense to me. A one year deal for Geathers with solid incentives built into it makes sense too. We’ll see. 

I'd be very happy with it. Phillips is only 26, had 94 tackles, 9 pass defense, an interception, forced fumble, pro bowl & all pro selection all while only starting 7 games! I'm sure he's hungry for a more defined starting role and shouldn't break the bank. He's a true SS and also played some LBer like Geathers done for us last yr. I feel like he'd be a very good fit with Hooker & Farley.

• Like 1