Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southside Hoosier Fan

Basically we could have had Tevin Coleman

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

We were completely destroyed by Kansas City.

We are not a couple of high dollar free agents away IMO.

I agree, but there's the draft as well. We may of been a big FA and draft from competing in the SB.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, but there's the draft as well. We may of been a big FA and draft from competing in the SB.

Just because we haven't signed a high dollar free agent does not mean we are disqualified from competing for a title. We are not using high dollar free agents, that's all.

Still plenty of moves to make and like you said, the draft.

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just because we haven't signed a high dollar free agent does not mean we are disqualified from competing for a title. We are not using high dollar free agents, that's all.

Still plenty of moves to make and like you said, the draft.

I meant a big free agency, not free agent lol. haha

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He did have good throws for sure. And I do think he’ll improve over the offseason, just not dramatically so/quite enough. I think his ceiling is just about met.   I’m expecting the whole JB debate to be reignited if he starts next year. He’ll look sort of improved (hard not to after how he ended the season) and people will wonder if he can’t get even better.
    • That’s my point.  You wouldn’t not pick Love because of Utah St. 
    • He's not a "power" back, but he's done very well on 3rd and short. He does have the wiggle to be good in space, but let's be honest, last year we didn't have the QB to really deal the pill around, or be creative. With JB, the scheme was very limited. Last year, teams keyed on our run regardless, so it didn't really hurt anything. The APB telegraph isn't that big of a deal. Hines did incredibly well in 2018, and simply regressed due to passing woes last year. And when you're 3rd and long, teams know you're almost always passing it, so they don't respect the run anyway.  While I would like Mack to develop, I'd actually like to see more of Hines in the O. In 2018 with Luck, he almost set rookie records. It's silly to limit him to just PR and near LOS WR. That would telegraph even more. He was dynamic out of the backfield in 2018, and dynamic in 2019 late when given a chance to return. Assuming we improve at QB, we need to find ways to get the ball in his hands. You seem to think there's a bunch of dual threat RBs who can catch, and possess both power and shiftiness. If you rank all the RBs by all purpose yards per game, and then look at their rushing yards per game, only 7  backs have more rushing YPG. Those backs are  McCaffery Cook Henry Elliot Chubb Jacobs Carson And most of the teams don't have an APB like Hines on the roster.
    • That's a tough game to assume what would have happened with a healthy JB.    Hoyer threw that game away precisely by trying to do too much.  MIA may have even stacked the running game to not just stop the run, but inviting Hoyer to throw picks, but might not have stacked it so much thinking that JB takes care of the ball.
    • I agree. My point was he did have some nice beautiful throws. He did throw with touch and anticipation at times.  The question is can he get more consistent if he is the starter next season. I think he can.  Reich adding all the offensive minds on the staff should help also.
  • Members

• LockeDown

LockeDown 2,458

• Fisticuffs111

Fisticuffs111 2,361

• Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 736

• stitches

stitches 7,253

• DougDew

DougDew 3,681

• Chloe6124