Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It Was About A Year Ago To This Day..

Restored

That a former Colts QB by the name of Peyton Manning told a Stanford QB to wait another year before coming out of college and entering the pros. My oh my how things have changed since then. Manning is no longer a Colt and Luck looks be the heir apparent to the throne. Before we make the jump, I'd like everyone to know first and foremost I am a Colts fan, not just a Manning fan.

First, I'd like to address how a lot of the fan base feels in letting Manning and co. go. Let's be honest here folks, a lot of the guys, including Peyton are on the wrong of 30. Brackett was a good team leader but he showed that he is expendable with how Angerer filled in this year. Addai really hasn't had it since mid 2007 when he first got injured. Not to mention Donald Brown has started to step up and can hold the starting job pretty well next year hopefully. Clark too was getting older and had a horrible year by his standards. I feel he hasn't quite come back from that wrist injury. Bullit is a good player when he is healthy but he hasn't been able to be the past 2 seasons. Our money is better spent on a safety that will actually play. I'm hearing that we might try to reach out to Nakumura from the Ravens which would be an excellent signing IMO. Overall, I feel these cuts.

Secondly, I'd like to address something I anticipate to happen here soon. I know once Luck is drafted and its clear he'll be playing, I feel a lot of fans will turn away in similar fashion 49er fans did when Montana left and Steve Young became the guy. But I emplore with you fans that think this way. Please give Luck and the new management a chance. Luck will have his struggles this year but give them a chance.

Overall, I feel this is best for the team going forward in cutting all these players and starting over with Luck. Here's to hoping the next 10 years are great!

I agree, I'm gonna be a colts fan no matter what, gotta support the boys in blue, and if there are doubters in Andrew, hopefully he will prove them all wrong. But were going to be team now. Were going through what the Clevland Cavilers did when they lost LeBron. Were not going to rely on one player anymore, build through the draft, and look forward to a bright future... Win lose tie, Colts till I die.