Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Cut, Pre Fa Mock

So here is my best guess at the upcoming draft so far. Given the cuts made this week and the FA it looks like we will lose, I think these offer the best value. Some assumptions would be : pick up mid level free agents in the following positions: WR, OG/C, DT, LB, CB. Maybe not any big splashes but some decent guys to help fill biggest holes. Guys like: DT Franklin, G Scott, WR Meachem, LB Johnson, CB Porter.

1. Andrew Luck QB - Stanford

2. Ashton Jefferies WR - South Carolina

Alternative - Stephen Hill WR - Georgia Tech

2. Harrison Smith SS - Notre Dame

Alternative - Kelechi Osemele, OT/G, Iowa State

3.Jamell Fleming CB, Oklahoma

Alternative -Dwight Bentley, CB, La.-Lafayette

4.Brandon Washington G, Miami

Alternative - Tommy Streeter*, WR, Miami

4. Josh Chapman, DT/NT, Alabama

Alternative - Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette

5. Derek Wolfe, DE/DT, Cincinnati

Alternative - Audie Cole ILB, UNC

6. Chris Rainey RB, Florida

Alternative - Ryan Miller, G, Colorado

7. Vontaze Burfict - ILB, ASU

Alternative - George Bryan TE, NCS

7. Micah Pellerin CB, Hampton

Just a heads up it's Alshon Jeffery. Vontaze Burflict in the 7th is not very likely.....I know dude is beyond annoying at times on the field, but he's got little to no shot of falling that far. He didn't impress at the combine and he is a annoying, but tape atleast shows he's better than the 7th round.

Burfict won't make it to round 7...I think he'll go somewhere in 4 or 5 b/c some team will draft him on upside alone. I'm thinking Stephen Hill will be gone by the 34th pick as well, however if he's there for us, with his size and speed he's the type of dynamic target that could really help Luck

If we can snag Burfict in maybe 5 or 6 I wouldn't be against it, maybe a guy like Pagano can squeeze that potential out of him.

Why would we have two 2nd and 4th round picks?

Forgot that part. Trade Freeney for a second round. Many have said the colts will receive a 4th pick for comp. If not, scratch that off. I would only take Burfict if he fell to the 7th. Way too much of a gamble earlier. NFL network guys say he might not even get drafted. Horrible interviews at the combine. Nobody trusts that he can handle things yet. Probably rather have Bryan anyway.

Just a heads up it's Alshon Jeffery. Vontaze Burflict in the 7th is not very likely.....I know dude is beyond annoying at times on the field, but he's got little to no shot of falling that far. He didn't impress at the combine and he is a annoying, but tape atleast shows he's better than the 7th round.

I see Burfict not getting drafted at all. He ran greater than 5.0 for his 40 which is terrible for a LB. He blamed his coaches for not using him right during the 2010 season and he is just an all around rotten apple to a team concept.

I see Burfict not getting drafted at all. He ran greater than 5.0 for his 40 which is terrible for a LB. He blamed his coaches for not using him right during the 2010 season and he is just an all around rotten apple to a team concept.

That's what his pro day is for.He's got another shot at a better 40. Yes he's an *, but the tape doesn't lie he can flat out play. Someone will take a chance on him way earlier than you think. If he becomes a more mature player (and that is possible with the right team) he could be a great addition since he has first round/2nd round talent.

That's what his pro day is for.He's got another shot at a better 40. Yes he's an *, but the tape doesn't lie he can flat out play. Someone will take a chance on him way earlier than you think. If he becomes a more mature player (and that is possible with the right team) he could be a great addition since he has first round/2nd round talent.

I just can't get over the fact that his teammates had to line him up because he didn't know where to be in his senior season. A team will take a chance on him in the 3rd-5th, but boy is he a project.

I see him as a high risk, medium reward anywhere before the 6th round.

That might be right but not for the colts. A young rebuilding team is not the place for this guy

I hope the someone who takes the chance is not the Colts.

no on Owusu .. injuries / concusions... in college we hit harder in the NFL.. Ta'Amu won't be there in the 3rd .. would take Josh Chapman before him

...Coltnorth.. good draft.. don't think Alshon or hill will be there in the 2nd if so at the top .. Harrison again either late 1st or top of 2nd.. Flemming if he is there in the 3rd yes, but I doubt it... and absolutely NO on Burfict..

I would be surprised if 5 WR go in the first round. I haven't seen many mocks where neither are there at 34. It would be a huge surprise if Harrison goes in the first. If he did, it probably means Janoris Jenkins or both of the WR's fell. There are lots of good cover corners to take in the third like Fleming, Bentley, Boykin. One will be there

I'd make sure I solidify the OL before I did anything else. You can't spend the #1 pick on your team's QB for the next 12-15 years and let him get killed his first season. Management expects the team to suck for a couple of years. Might as well build a fun offense to keep the fans coming to the stadium. WRs and LBs are deep in this draft, so I'd concentrate early picks on other positions. OL, RB, CB. We could do worse than picking one or two of the OL from Wisconsin.