Denver's 2018 draft

oldunclemark

1. Bradley Chubb  - now starting at OLB

2.Courtland Sutton - now starting at WR

3. Royce Freeman - 2nd string RB

3. Issac Yiadom  - now starting at CB

4. Josey Jewell - now starting at ILB

4. DaeSean Hamilton - now starting at WR

5. Troy Fumgalli - TE - injured reserve.

6. Sam Jones - OL - practice squad

6. Keishwan Bierria OLB - special teams

7. David Williams RB - released

They didnt plan it this way.   The Broncos surely didn't want Yiadom and Hamilton

starting just yet but losing Emmanuel Sanders and Chris Harris changed their plans.

I don't see a team making the playoffs with six rookies (including undrafted Phillip Lindsey) starting but it does speak well for Denver beyond this year.

The last team to make the playoffs with six rookies starting was the 2012 Colts?  Andrew Luck's rookie year

Vic Ballard, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, TY Hilton. Jerrell Freeman and Andrew Luck, right?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

They didnt plan it this way.   The Broncos surely didn't want Yiadom and Hamilton

starting just yet but losing Emmanuel Sanders and Chris Harris changed their plans.

I don't see a team making the playoffs with six rookies (including undrafted Phillip Lindsey) starting but it does speak well for Denver beyond this year.

Yeah, they had a good draft. I thought so after the draft. I believe I told you that I wanted the Vikes to draft Hamilton. How has he looked to you?

I believe that the Saints had many of their rookies start for them last year -- Kamara, Lattimore, Ramczyk, and Marcus Williams. Those players started pretty much the whole year. I don't know if they had other rookies (drafted or undrafted) start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

I do remember you saying that.....about Hamilton

Watch today.  He has been stuck behind Sanders and that's over now.

I think he might catch a half dozen passes today..

...he just hasn't had the chance before today

I expect many coaching changes this year. Do you expect Denver to retain its head coach? I think the fans sure hope not.

Edited by NFLfan
Error in wording

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I expect many coaching changes this year. Do you expect Denver to retain its head coach? I think the fans sure hope so. 

I think they will....

The team has responded to him and his staff....really for the first time in 2 years...

..and Denver's a pretty young team now...//When young players are playing well.. I'm guessing you stay with the coaches..

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think they will....

The team has responded to him and his staff....really for the first time in 2 years...

..and Denver's a pretty young team now...//When young players are playing well.. I'm guessing you stay with the coaches..

I meant to write that the fans sure hope he is NOT retained -- I edited it. But I agree with you. I am someone who likes continuity which I believe is undervalued. Firing coaches and GMs and starting over every other year is not good for a team. Cleveland is a good example of that.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:48 AM, NFLfan said:

Yeah, they had a good draft. I thought so after the draft. I believe I told you that I wanted the Vikes to draft Hamilton. How has he looked to you?

Hamilton caught 7 passes...mostly shorties..for 50 yards and a TD Sunday in his first start..

I think you are right about him.

Yiadom is OK, nothing special to write about, IMO. 

But then, you have a defensive co-ordinator who cannot game plan for 1 of 2 weapons the 49ers had, George Kittle. It is mind boggling.

Broncos do know how to draft LBs, that is for sure. 

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yiadom is OK, nothing special to write about, IMO. 

But then, you have a defensive co-ordinator who cannot game plan for 1 of 2 weapons the 49ers had, George Kittle. It is mind boggling.

Broncos do know how to draft LBs, that is for sure. 

If they could figure out how to get a QB in 2019 they will be tough.  It's not every year when the greatest QB of all time becomes available.  Maybe they are hoping the other Manning drops out of the sky for them.

29 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

If they could figure out how to get a QB in 2019 they will be tough.  It's not every year when the greatest QB of all time becomes available.  Maybe they are hoping the other Manning drops out of the sky for them.

Broncos are stuck with Case Keenum for another year at least - they gave him 2 years and they will want to see how he does when they bring along a new set of coaches. I would not be shocked if they go with Mike McCarthy for working with Case Keenum. 

The interesting QB name to watch is Joe Flacco. I wonder if the Ravens are willing to part with him and let Lamar Jackson take over. If they do so, he will definitely garner interest from defensive minded teams like the Jaguars if they can get a first rounder or at worst an early second rounder for him, which I am sure they will. He still has a few years left in him, IMO. 

His contract is: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco-4000/

Or they may take a flier on a young talent like Teddy Bridgewater who plays smarter than Blake Bortles.

• Like 1