Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+3.5) at Pittsburgh (12-2-18)

oldunclemark

8:20 EST .....Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth and Michele Tafoya on NBC

Mid-50s and a chance of rain at Heinz Field - Pittsburgh  over-under at 52

Charger QB Phillip "Old Man' Rivers (239 of 344, 3,119 yards, 26 Tds, 6 INTs) will have to go without injured RB Melvin Gordon (153 carries 802 yards) but he does have four receivers with 400 r ore yards in receptions. The Chargers also have top DEs Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram leading a defense that has allowed just  99 points in their last seven games.

Pittsburgh QB 'Big Ben' Rothlisberger (312 of 472, 3,644 yards, 24 TDs, 12 INts) has big time receivers in 'Downtown' Antonio Brown (71 catches, 874 yards) and JuJu Smith Schuster (77 catches, 1077 yards) plus RB James ("I'm not LeVeon. I want to be here") Conner (186 carries 849 yards) .

The Steelers have only scored 37 points the last 2 weeks but those were road games and this is not.

Pittsburgh (7-3-1) isn't going to lose their division but they want to finish ahead of New England so they don't have to go there in January. The Chargers (8-3) probably wont catch Kansas City (9-2) but a loss puts them in range of the Ravens (6-5) and Colts (6-5).

This game seems closer than it is. Who have the Chargers beaten? The Browns? Buffalo?

Oakland twice.??  Pittsburgh showed some holiday spirit last week donating a 'gift' game to Denver.

They wont be so nice this Sunday.

Take the Steelers and give the gift of the points

On 12/2/2018 at 11:42 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

. 2006 was his best team but Brady took him out that year and he wasn't beating us either in 2006 with Bob back LOL

Kinda was rooting for the Patriots that day. We would have had to go to SD and they had our number lol.

But the Chargers are really good this year.. and they didn't even have Gordon. My only concern with them beating KC and winning the division is... is their 13-3 tiebreaker over the Patriots 13-3.. I'm obsessed I know:facepalm::funny:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Both Shane and JT have explained it to us, so for Holder to perpetuate this fan-favorite authority-is-dumb narrative, he has to spin it like JT is lying and playing cover up.  Some really scoopish reporting there Mr. Bernstein and Woodward.   
    • Can somebody explain the stats to me on the chart at the link below? The Colts are last in the league in Team Combined Tackles (82) and Solo Tackles (50). Most teams have a lot more tackles than we do. Since our defense has been on the field so much, shouldn't we have more tackles than other teams? Is it because opponents are running the ball so much that they are running the clock and don't get as many plays off?    I also noticed that we're near the bottom of the league in sacks with 3 (several teams have 2 and the top teams are close to 10). That's disappointing and I hope it improves against the Bears' shaky offensive line.    https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/tackles/2024/reg/all  
    • You would think this week would be the perfect time to disguise coverage to confuse the rookie QB, since... you know... rookie QBs generally struggle with that sort of thing.    Too bad we're not like most teams... 
    • This has been a common thing from any team that has faced us so far. Bengals defense was trash talking and calling out the offense during training camp. Cardinals didn't seem fazed or impressed either in August... Packers defense was laughing at us about sitting on the sidelines all day. Texans backed up their talk and ran down our throats with Mixon while Stroud played perfect complimentary football.    We aren't scaring anyone.    And I think one of the biggest reasons for why this forum is so upset with an 0-2 start is because the media way overhyped this team...    I kept hearing from pundits like Rich Eisen talking about how "unstoppable" we'd be with Richardson and Taylor together. The media made us out to be frauds. 
    • I agree Downs coming back will jump start the lay ups for AR and let AD go back outside where he feels more comfortable. On D while Buck is a loss I think Stewart would have been a bigger loss because not sure Davis would be ready to fill Grove's shoes while I think Dayo and Tomi can at least perform (Bryan Ive given up on hope front office has as well).    We played 3 linebackers 44% of the snaps last week selling out vs the run, expecting more of the same. Womack outsnapped Flowers but barely think it is a bigger disparity this week. Still would like to see David Long added from PS been here over 2 weeks now and should be ready.   Colts-27 Bears-17 
  • Members

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,899

• Chrisaaron1023

Chrisaaron1023 4,529

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,336

• tweezy32

tweezy32 879

• BeanDiasucci

BeanDiasucci 871

• Moe