Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anything To Say About Frank Reich?

DougDew

14 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I think the fact that we aren't all participating in a #FireReich thread on a daily basis speaks VOLUMES.

I never took those dramatic threads too seriously, even going back many years.  Besides, whether threads are positive or negative doesn't matter,  talking about the same people and reading the same names gets boring, IMO.

Reich is the coach that Andrew Luck deserved his whole career. He isn’t perfect though. His positives are his aggressiveness and ability to adapt. I also appreciate how he plays the best players, and will reduce the snaps of a player who underperforms. On the negative side, I’d like to see him keep feeding the hot hand, which he seems to be learning now. Yesterday Hilton was on fire and they kept going to him. It’s a stark difference from the games we see where Ebron goes off the first  half and then he’s mostly on the sidelines the 2nd half.

Overall, Frank was the Reich choice.

• Like 2

At the end of the season, people will talk about how the offensive line helped Luck win the comeback award and reach his potential....but it started with Reich's plan to protect Andrew with play calling, scheme and a gradual progression. Josh McDaniel gets my vote as season mvp for quitting on us which was the luckiest thing that happened to the Colts since, well....Luck.

Edited by basketballsteve
Misspelling

An Eagles fan I know said that losing Reich and DeFillipo (sp?) hurt the team. The offense  doesn't play with the confidence and swagger they had last season. He blames the Patriots for this, because Belichick talked McDaniels into staying with NE, therefore letting the Colts grab Reich. The Eagles didn't have enough time to get a good offensive coordinator because of the McDaniels situation.  So the Patriots are the cause of the Eagles meltdown. :D

1 hour ago, basketballsteve said:

At the end of the season, people will talk about how the offensive line helped Luck win the comeback award and reach his potential....but it started with Reich's plan to protect Andrew with play calling, scheme and a gradual progression. Josh McDaniel gets my vote as season mvp for quitting on us which was the luckiest thing that happened to the Colts since, well....Luck.

It really started with Ballard drafting Nelson and Smith. Please give credit where credit is due.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, basketballsteve said:

Amazing post.  So un-narrow, un-simple, and unpredictable.