Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Castonzo

Lucky Colts Fan

On 7/5/2018 at 11:13 AM, throwing BBZ said:

Well, i am very optimistic we will be dominate protecting against the middle.
 Castonzo WAS a very weak link his first 3 years, solid his contract year, less solid in year 5.
  I expect he will be attacked more than he ever has.
  The guy he faces. ha ha
   If defenses can no longer abuse the rest of our line with stunts and blitz packages the way they have done since ya boy got here, HE will get tested. Yes i saw enough last season to see he is better at his job.
 But we will just have to see if his very average quickness can be exploited.

Nelson looks seriously nifty at protecting a LT's inside with a helpful quick reach and bump. Part of his Greatness. That is a big deal.

Aside from the rest. This part of your post has me wondering what exactly you have been watching...

Castonzo was incredibly handy with speed for being a rookie, having an inury, and being an olineman in the "hold the ball for 10 minutes" Arians system.  For you to think he was a very weak link makes me question how you gauge oline play because that isn't accurate at all.

His second year he was even better in the same terrible system... suppsoedly PFF said he was terrible against the pass or something like that yet we had an even worse system... Again still wondering...

His third year yes. Not a good one. He looked absolutely lost. Often beat on simple stunts by ends he should not be losing to but he got it together right before playoff time. Still not sure how the word "weak" could be associated with him.

Solid in his contract year is an understatement. He was fringe pro bowl material.  And his next year was about the same.  Last year while the colts may have not been great he again showed he was fringe pro bowl material with a steaming pile of vuj next to him. And trust me vuj was pretty bad.

Your take seems incredibly pessimistic and sensational in order to just make a point that Castonzo isn't a pro bowler. Yet no one is claiming he is but he for sure is an above average left tackle and that's awesome. 

• Like 1