Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Denver Broncos

oldunclemark

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Agree, if Mahomes is what Reid believes (and Reid has a good track record) and Keenum reverts to his old self.

CK has had a track record of Chase Daniels not Peyton Manning until he got to Minn.

the $64,000 question is was his Minnesota success based on the system or his maturity 

Tebow was the starter before Peyton chose Denver. Elway flat out said it. He just chose Denver. He was going to be the starter wherever he chose besides maybe 5 places. And I don't know about the long run but Tebow would have mutilated the Patriots in that snow game, and Peyton would have lost. He probably would have had 200 rushing yards and 3 TDs. He was custom made for that kind of football. 

On 5/15/2018 at 10:47 PM, BloodyChamp said:

Keenum has shown flashes of brilliance everywhere he's been, even during those team's serious low points. That's why he keeps getting gigs. Knowing Elway though Keenum might still not get the break he deserves.

Ah, somebody who actually has independent observation skills.  I like it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

View from a Chief fan

1. LAC 

2. KC 

3. Raiders/Denver

The Broncos have too many flaws and CK only solves one if he plays like he did in Minnesota

Denver's not the same team they were last year......

…...defensively, they added 2 more solids (Cravens and Chubb) to a very strong unit.

It comes down to how well the offensive line plays...(as it does for many teams)

7 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

CK has had a track record of Chase Daniels not Peyton Manning until he got to Minn.

Not really.....Look at Case Keenum's entire career including college ..

…...it contradicts ..

...How could the guy who threw for 5,000 yards 3 times in college not be drafted..

3 teams cut him loose.....

…..How could he lead Minneosta to the NFC title game after 3 teams cut him?

7 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Tebow was the starter before Peyton chose Denver. Elway flat out said it. He just chose Denver. He was going to be the starter wherever he chose besides maybe 5 places. And I don't know about the long run but Tebow would have mutilated the Patriots in that snow game, and Peyton would have lost. He probably would have had 200 rushing yards and 3 TDs. He was custom made for that kind of football. 

He was custom made for Double-A baseball.

He was never good in the NFL as a QB, BC....  He just wasn't..

People liked him but he wasn't good...and its been 6 years now

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Not really.....Look at Case Keenum's entire career including college ..

…...it contradicts ..

...How could the guy who threw for 5,000 yards 3 times in college not be drafted..

3 teams cut him loose

…..but he did OK in Minnesota

I Did

He was system QB in Houston and he is small(6’1) for a marquee QB

Brees and Wilson had to earn stardom

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He had much more success in college than many

That is a tired excuse

You can discount what Keenum did in college and you can discount what he did in Minnesota.

Maybe it was all a fluke...all luck...

But he's earned this chance. This is the first time hes been the starter from the beginning of training camp.

I'm sensing you really dont think he deserves a shot, right?

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Where did anyone say he didn’t 

Sounds like you think Keenum was a fluke last year.  Its Okay. Many do

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

You can discount what he did in college and you can discount what he did in Minnesota.

Maybe it was all a fluke...all luck...

But he's earned this chance. This is the first time hes been the starter from the beginning of training camp.

I'm sensing you really dont think he deserves a shot, right?

Sounds like you think he was a fluke last year.  Its Okay. Many do

Case had earned a shot but as a Colt Homer I cannot route for a team associated with JE and as a Chief fan the Broncos are a dirty word they same way I feel about Gibson Southern and Louisville

12 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Case had earned a shot but as a Colt Homer I cannot route for a team associated with JE and as a Chief fan the Broncos are a dirty word they same way I feel about Gibson Southern and Louisville

I understand.

I feel that way about Penn and Kentucky

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

He was custom made for Double-A baseball.

He was never good in the NFL as a QB, BC....  He just wasn't..

People liked him but he wasn't good...and its been 6 years now

I guess that's why he won all those games in Denver, 2 BCS titles and a Heisman doing it. And you brought up Tebow before this became a typical nervous Peyton Manning Protection Agency mission. It's been 3 years...

I highly doubt that Case Keenum will be the reason for any failure of the Broncos.  There are only a handful of QBs who can carry an average team deep into the playoffs.  Most teams need to have a well rounded team and above average talent throughout the roster to go deep into the playoffs, so I think its unreasonable to set that high bar for CK.

As far as Tebow, he's not a good QB in the conventional sense and he needs a specialized roster to be successful.  Like RGIII and Kaep did.  They all hit their career highs when the read option...the running QB...was the fad.   

The Broncos team goes as far as their OL takes them because Case showed he is very average while throwing off his back foot (most QBs are) and Minnesota's OL was a big part of their success without getting as much credit, IMO.

Broncos' OL saw people in the faces of their QB within 2 seconds, their drives and tempo control will go only so far if that continues. Supposedly, they seem to have gotten better in TC, from reports I read. The proof is in the pudding, when the real games happen.