Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Trenches

BlueShoe

Chris Ballard continues to tell us who he is, and he delivers with consistency. He told us who he was, his first day on the job. He believes in building a football team in the trenches. Yesterday he told us he had dreamed of having a draft like this, where he picked all offensive line and defensive front seven. 

This is who Chris Ballard is. He believes in winning football games in the trenches. 

I have wanted a Colts GM to have this philosophy for a long time. I am all in with this mentality. 

Ballard is not making the flashy picks. He is making the picks that makes winning sustainable. He is getting the players he wanted and targeted.

I don't see any of his picks as reaches. His board is fairly close to mine. 

Just posted this in another thread. Colts ranked 31st in sacks and 22nd in rushing when we ran more to protect a young QB. There is an obvious deficiency on both sides of the line.  If we make both lines our strength we are 2 players away on each side from becoming an elite team that contends for championships.  These 4 guys can be found in another off season draft and free agency.  We are well on our way to building a team that will sustain for years and let Luck do what he needs to do. I love the start of this draft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Just posted this in another thread. Colts ranked 31st in sacks and 22nd in rushing when we ran more to protect a young QB. There is an obvious deficiency on both sides of the line.  If we make both lines our strength we are 2 players away on each side from becoming an elite team that contends for championships.  These 4 guys can be found in another off season draft and free agency.  We are well on our way to building a team that will sustain for years and let Luck do what he needs to do. I love the start of this draft. 

That is exactly correct. 

Ballard is building this team the right way, and this is the perfect trench draft to accelerate the process.