Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade with Seattle or New Orleans for starting LB?

Right now it seems the Colts are in love with Roquan Smith and LB is going to be a major emphasis point in this draft. If we stick at six, which may not happen since Ballard wants to move down, but lets just say we do and take Nelson, Chubb, or Barkley. Nelson is my vote, but does not matter for this exercise.

By the time we get to the second round, there will still be a lot of talent on the boards, but the top line LB talent will be gone. Seattle wants to move down, since they do not have any picks in the second and third round. Would it be worth keeping the 36th, but trading the 37th and 49th pick for the 18th if VanderEsch is there? Points match up, and it means losing one 2nd round pick we got from the trade to get what would probably be an immediate starter. I hate to trade picks, but same reason why I like whoever we get at six, quality over quantity means starting player, holds for the first LB we choose.

I also have thought about Rashann Evans. The problem with him is I don't know where he is going to go, but I don't think he gets past Pittsburgh, which means we could go a second and possibly our fourth, or maybe our latest second and third. Our 36th and 100th equal 700 points, equaling the 26th  or 27th pick.

I would not mind at all giving away one of the seconds and the fourth, but is Evans going to be as good as BVE. I prefer BVE. Thoughts?