Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mel Kiper: Colts & Dolphins in deep discussion of trade

ColtStrong2013

2 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

There's nothing wrong with a decent starting RT.

But when he becomes possibly a big piece in the trade? And, if Mel Kiper is to be believed, the trade possibly doesn't involve the Dolphins 1st round this year? Then it gets dicey. Actually, even swapping the 6th for the 11th and James doesn't sound that appealing. I don't think the addition of James is enough to move back 5 spots. If they threw in another pick, possibly.

For me, it would have to be at least be their 2nd round pick. If I am Ballard, I have little interest in an average RT rental who costs $9.3M this season...or at the very least I am not valuing him over a good pick. 

On 4/5/2018 at 1:51 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

How excited should we really be about the Colts reverting back to their small, fast, cover 2 defensive ways?  More problems stopping the run and more corners playing off coverage. Hard to get fired up over that. Drove me crazy in the Manning era.  However, we did manage to win a Super Bowl with that scheme so the key will be getting the playmakers necessary to make the scheme work. If we don’t then watching this defense every week will be an excercise of  frustration.   If trading back again helps Ballard get the talent needed to run this scheme effectively then so be it.  

i don't think Polian set it up correctly. That was the problem. Tampa had John Lynch then they added Derrick Brooks (who was fantastic against the run & in coverage) and Warren Sapp and Ronde Barber. Once they added Simeon Rice in free agency though that defense took off!  

If the Colts can draft someone like Brooks (R.Smith) then maybe next year add some people in free agency like Sapp (G.Atkins) and Rice (D.Lawrence) we could have a terrific defense!