Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deanos Mock 1.0

In this scenario, Chubb has already been picked, and there are no trades

Round 1

Tremaine Edwards – MLB - VT

The Colts pick up an amazing LB with speed and size to patrol the middle of the Colts defense for the next 12 years.

He also has the speed to blitz 

He is the differnce maker at MLB that the Colts havent had since......  Mike Curtis.... (For the other old Colts fans :) )

Round 2

Billy Price – C/G – Ohio State

You have to watch his tape to see what you have here. He would move to Guard in this scenario. He is an intelligent, nasty, strong as an ox, pile mover.

And...... he can pass block with the best of them.   There were people predicing that he would hit 40 reps at the combine.

Not as good as Quenton...... but he almost always owns the person accross from him.

He also pulled quite a bit, at Ohio State, and mauled the LBs

He will start day one, and can slide over to C if needed

Maurice Hurst – DT - Michigan

This guys would be perfect for the new quick 4-3 that we will be running. Watch his tpe, He slips into the back field, again, and again, and again. 

With the quick passing game that the NFL seems to be going to, the big slow guy up the middle, cant get to the passer......  Hurst can

He will start day one

Rashad Penny – RB SD State

Penny has a wide view of opinions.  He isnt a first round pick..... but at the middle of round 2, the guy is great value

Watch his tape!  The guy is fast with some moves, he can also catch the ball.

He will start day one

Round 3

Chukwuma Okafor – OT – Western Michigan

A bit of a project, but could be a good back up at RT for us, and have the upside at starting on either side if he develop

In this draft, I am aggressive, but think we can get 4, full time starters, day one.

i didnt include round 4 on, as they usually arent immediate contributors, and I dodnt want to take the time to research 

If we are counting on 4th rounders to start day one,,,,,,, we have bigger problems

The first critique that I would have on this draft is....... Where are the CBs and Where are the DEs???????

My answer to that is this.....  we wont fix this team overnight.  We will need 2-3 drafts to get this talent devoid team moving.

No matter what combination of picks....... there will be at least 2 important sections of the team that will be shortchanged (for this year)

I believe that we have two servicable DEs in Sheard and Basham...... Not superstars, but we arent winning the SB this year folks.......  

As with every year, there will be some June 1 cuts, I believe that we bolster our CBs, and WRs corps from that group

Maybe in 2 years we will hav the team that can compete for a SB

Just my 2 cents

Deano

• Like 3

Except for the Price pick (Should go Top CB, ILB or Guice RB if he fell to 36).  Not sure why everyone is looking at Price as anything but Mewhort 2.0...could get a similar G at 49.  Nice mock though. Like the Hurst pick...Would really like a Hurst and Rashad Green duo at 37 and 49...OT in 3rd is perfect.

Cheers...

• Like 1