Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if the Browns and Giants are smart

On 3/4/2018 at 11:54 AM, boo2202 said:

1. Browns take Barkley

2. Giants take Chubb

I haven't been a huge fan of Chubb but after seeing the first couple drills, he's A better athlete than I first thought. Seemed like Dorsey was watching him closely. Wouldn't surprise me if Browns took him.

Then what? 

Just trade down and stockpile picks or stay put and draft Davenport-Kirkpatrick-Nelson. 

I was thinking about this earlier, and yes it would suck to miss out on both, the Colts would then be in complete control of the draft pick that someone must have to get their #1 qb. That sets up a lot of trade options with qb hungry teams(cleveland, denver, nyj). I know it would be easy to think if youre one of those teams "I can still get one of the top 3" but lets say cleveland and denver both think that Darnold is the far and away best pick, would u just sit, wait, and hope no one else moves up? I believe one of those 3 would give up assets to move to the head of the table

I could imagine a scenario where Browns gives Ballard a call in order to move up from 4th to 3rd to pick a QB, and we then trade down another spot or two with a deal from Jets/Broncos. Still having a top 6 pick and a ton of early second rounders, wouldn't be all bad.

Question then becomes, if you want to move back in the late first round for someone Ballard really likes.