Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LB free agents in free agency

Corey Nelson (this is a year old but seems like a coverage LB option for us):

Anthony Hitchens, this one is already been floated around due to his familiarity with Eberflus.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/anthony-hitchens/8754

If we were to sign both of these guys in FA, how much do you think of an improvement would it be for our front 7 for our new 4-3 we plan to play?

Any other FA LBs you can think of?

I think something that Ballard mentioned when discussing the switch to the 4-3 was that it's a better system for young players to learn. With the exception of Hitchens who has familiarity with Eberflus' scheme, I don't see the Colts targeting any FA LBs. At least not any ones that might be worth a sizeable contract. Last year we passed on guys like Zach Brown and instead went with Sean Spence and Bostic on 1 year deals. I think he intends on on playing young players from the draft or 2nd year guys like Anthony Walker.

On 2/19/2018 at 2:30 PM, Defjamz26 said:

I think something that Ballard mentioned when discussing the switch to the 4-3 was that it's a better system for young players to learn. With the exception of Hitchens who has familiarity with Eberflus' scheme, I don't see the Colts targeting any FA LBs. At least not any ones that might be worth a sizeable contract. Last year we passed on guys like Zach Brown and instead went with Sean Spence and Bostic on 1 year deals. I think he intends on on playing young players from the draft or 2nd year guys like Anthony Walker.

We didn't pass on Zach Brown...he passed on us for a 1 year deal (the same that Spence and Bostic got).  We all know what happened with Spence.  I see Ballard improving talent in all ways possible.  FA, Draft, and using current players to fight for spots.

On 2/19/2018 at 4:30 PM, Defjamz26 said:

I have thought this same thing, exactly.