Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Coach.....

needanoline63

28 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Peyton Manning

Obviously sarcasm but what a story that would be.... I wish that was a possibility. Imagine the storylines. Frank Reich was Peytons QB coach. Colts cut Peyton for Luck. Manning becomes Qb coach for Luck under Reich. Too bad that pipedream has about a 0.0001% chance of coming to fruition... 

2 hours ago, life long said:

Obviously sarcasm but what a story that would be.... I wish that was a possibility. Imagine the storylines. Frank Reich was Peytons QB coach. Colts cut Peyton for Luck. Manning becomes Qb coach for Luck under Reich. Too bad that pipedream has about a 0.0001% chance of coming to fruition... 

I actually don't think he would be a great QB coach. Players that are very gifted are often terrible teachers. Peyton may have an amazing understanding of x's and o's, but what made him such a great QB is his mind. You can't teach what he had. Just like AP,  despite being one of the greatest RB's ever, would most likely be a terrible RB coach. When it comes easy to you, you're typically not going to be a good teacher.

That's also the reason you see a lot of career backups become successful coaches down the line. They had to learn so much and work on so much to try and even keep pace with the guys that were naturally talented.

3 hours ago, Shive said:

I actually don't think he would be a great QB coach. Players that are very gifted are often terrible teachers. Peyton may have an amazing understanding of x's and o's, but what made him such a great QB is his mind. You can't teach what he had. Just like AP,  despite being one of the greatest RB's ever, would most likely be a terrible RB coach. When it comes easy to you, you're typically not going to be a good teacher.

That's also the reason you see a lot of career backups become successful coaches down the line. They had to learn so much and work on so much to try and even keep pace with the guys that were naturally talented.

Well i respectfully disagree. What made Peyton excel was his study habits and eye for detail. In his retirement speech he essentially said as much. He was a very cerebral QB and IMO if any young QB has a chance to fathom and remember his teachings it would be Luck. Plus comparing the RB position which is mainly instinct and athleticism to a QB aren't exactly a valid arguement i believe. Peyton did not possess those traits.

I hear he is a pretty smart guy. Andrew wants to be coached hard and I think Peyton would supply that in spades...  Especially compared to Pags staff.

The real problem is I doubt he wants to coach when he has the world as his oyster.