Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Colts Mock Draft 2.0 (2/25/12)

*Note: Did not add any Compensatory picks.

Team Needs: QB, NT, WR, SS, CB, OG, TE, DE

Round 1, Pick 1: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

- Do I really need to explain? Luck is the best prospect in the draft and if you have a chance to draft a future hall of famer, you draft him.

Round 2, Pick 34: Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

- Chuck Pagano said the Colts defense will switch to 3-4. He also included the defense will get bigger in certain positions. Poe has great size and weight (6'5, 350). He will improve the defense with the new 3-4 formation.

Round 3, Pick 65: Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami

- Wide receiver is now a bigger need to a recent report of Colts free agent Pierre Garcon declining a 5 year contract. Wayne is getting older and seems like he will be in a new uniform next season. Why not replace a Miami Hurricane with another? Streeter has good size (6'4) and a great route runner. Andrew Luck will be his new #1 weapon with this pick.

Round 4, Pick 98: Winston Guy Jr. , SS, Kentucky

- Saftey is still a big need for the past couple seasons. Guy would be my steal pick.

Round 5, Pick 131: Keith Tandy, CB, West Virginia

- Our cornerback core is weak. Jerraud Powers might be the only one with starter material. Tandy is another sleeper pick with fast speed that can become a potential starter at nickel corner.

Round 6, Pick 165: Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State

- Pagano wants Mathis and Freeney to return to a Colts unifrom in 2012 and I believe that will happen. But I dont see Tyler Brayton returning so Crawford would provide good depth at the position.

Round 7, Pick 198: Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio St.

- Just incase Tamme or Clark (or both) leave, Stoneburner is a good blocking tight end and can play the receiving part of the tight end position well.

Poe may not be on the board that long. There are some mocks that say the Texans will used their 1st on him, if they don't pick a WR. Don't really know much about the other guys on your selection there.

will be surprised if he gets past pittsburgh