Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fate of the "NEW" Colts era....

bluephantom87

21 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Steve young has 3 Superbowl championships, 7 Pro Bowls, 2 MVP's, Multiple records including Most season with passer rating over 100...the list goes on, i wouldnt try to compare Luck to Young just yet haha...

And he was complete GARBAGE before being traded to the 49ers and Bill Walsh. The point is, Luck has been dealt a bad hand.....bad coaching and a bad GM for his entire career.  

17 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

While you use .....  the irony.

What is wrong with elipses???

While the technical use is to identify omitted words or sentences from quotes, elipses can also identify pauses or change of subject, as evidenced in screen writing & poetry...

I feel they also add a high level of conversational meter & rhythm within the forum setting.

26 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

What is wrong with elipses???

While the technical use is to identify omitted words or sentences from quotes, elipses can also identify pauses or change of subject, as evidenced in screen writing & poetry...

I feel they also add a high level of conversational meter & rhythm within the forum setting.

Well, my friend ellipses has two ll's for starters and he used four not three periods which is also incorrect, not to be picky.  :)  Best to be correct when correcting other people's grammar don't you think?  If he had used them for any of the reasons you cited then perhaps I could agree.  I also believe it's true that ellipses should not be left open-ended as in ...

If I may, I do agree that it adds a high level of meter and rhythm within the forum setting when used properly!  :)

22 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Well, my friend ellipses has two ll's for starters and he used four not three periods which is also incorrect, not to be picky.  :)  Best to be correct when correcting other people's grammar don't you think?  If he had used them for any of the reasons you cited then perhaps I could agree.  I also believe it's true that ellipses should not be left open-ended as in ...

If I may, I do agree that it adds a high level of meter and rhythm within the forum setting when used properly!  :)

Ha, touche, I did misspell ellipses, but to my defense, I'm on my phone & my auto-correct kept wanting to write eclipse, so the struggle was real. Ha. I'll also add that I really wasn't trying to play grammar police, I was really just attempting to defend my own use of "the dots" as I use them all the time...

I also appreciate when others either use them, or at least break up paragraphs, as I will admittedly skip over many posts that are one super long paragraph. 

1 minute ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, touche, I did misspell ellipses, but to my defense, I'm on my phone & my auto-correct kept wanting to write eclipse, so the struggle was real. Ha. I'll also add that I really wasn't trying to play grammar police, I was really just attempting to defend my own use of "the dots" as I use them all the time...

I also appreciate when others either use them, or at least break up paragraphs, as I will admittedly skip over many posts that are one super long paragraph.   

Defense accepted! I was just having fun, and poking fun at the grammar police, not you!  (The same guy told me I wasn't a legit fan because he had more posts than me).  Thanks for the spar, until we fence again ... Cheers!

What exactly is this thread about? I still have no idea. 

It reminds of reading Shakespeare for the 1st time in the old english tone? You read 1 paragraph & go what the hades did I just read again? So, you skim it again & it doesn't open say a door of clarity & you say out loud maybe I should tackle another class first? Yep. 

9 hours ago, Rally5 said:

Defense accepted! I was just having fun, and poking fun at the grammar police, not you!  (The same guy told me I wasn't a legit fan because he had more posts than me).  Thanks for the spar, until we fence again ... Cheers!

Show me where I've ever said that post count determines whether you're a real fan or not. To my knowledge, I've never said that.