Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else rooting for the Giants?

Valpo2004

Rooting for them to win one more game.  

I'm rooting for them hard.  The trade down value of the #2 pick would probably be much much higher then that of the #3 pick.  Mainly due to the quarterback factor.  

Might I remind you what the Eagles forked over to the Browns to get Carson Wentz.  The 8th overall pick along with the 77th (3rd round), 100th (4th round) and 1st round pick in the next years draft and the 2nd round pick from the year after.  

That kind of draft compensation could potentially be had if the Giants win them 1 more game and we lose out.  It would require another team falling in love with a QB at the top of the draft but that seems to happen in every draft.  

So yeah go Giants.  

The good news is we have a little bit of breathing room at #3.  Since the 49er's won their 4th game, it means that we could win another game and still stay at 3.  

I don't think we need to worry about beating the Ravens.  I believe they are still in the hunt and a far better team on the whole anyways.  

The Texans are a concern though.  They have a total of 4 wins and are out of the hunt now.  

#3 will still be good for us, but I don't think it will net us the King's ransom we could get from #2.  Because I can certainly forsee QB's going 1 and 2.

Yes.  I've been rooting for SF, NYG, CLE, DEN, CHI, TB for the past 8 weeks :)    Now just one more win from NYG (assuming we don't beat BAL and/or HOU).  I think NYG have a good chance to win one or both of their last two against ARI and WSH.  We could even beat HOU and still have #2 if the NYG win both.

If we are at #2 and the Giants at #3, the Giants would be a prime trade partner like the scenario with CHI trading from #3 to #2 to pick Trubisky (two #3s).  Then trade down again.  And again.

No.

The trade up and trade down value of picks 2 and 3 is so small its not worth evaluating .

That's fantasy football.

....its all talent evaluating. Its not the lottery. You do not have a better chance of getting a better player by picking 2nd than you do it you pick 6th.  You have a better chance if you are a good talent evaluator

Its not where you pick, buy who you pick..and we have so many needs we're going to get a good layer who can help us anywhere in the Top-10 ..

..and you can trade down from the 5th slot if you want for this imaginary 'haul' out of which you STILL have to pick the right players

Edited by oldunclemark
spell